I have two HDMI sockets, which one do I use?

BRYBRY

i have asrock fatal1ty z68 profesional gen3 mo bo with 2 hdmi sockets,
i only wan to use 1. which 1 do i use please ??

HDMI is backwards compatible with DVI. VGA/HDMI port can function similarly as DVI port by applying the bundled HDMI to DVI adapter. Please connect the HDMI to DVI adapter to the VGA/HDMI port on the I/O panel and then connect the DVI-D monitor cable to the VGA/DVI-D connector on the adpater.

For PS/2 Keyboard users, it is recommended to apply the adapter on HDMI2. If HDMI1 is connected to the adapter, please use USB Keyboard and do not use the PS/2 Keyboard port.

For the other users, apply it either on HDMI1 or HDMI2.

This footnote is from the user manual. Apparently there are some extra considerations if you happen to use a hard wired mouse and are also using the HDMI to DVI adapter.

thankyou . but why, shurly ps2 cannotbe conected lanes with a hdmi ???

so incompatible to me ?

so then what do i do if i want a 2nd monitor ,, will it work or not with ps2 and both hdmis used ?????????

i hav normal usb mouse

BUT will stay with ps2 keybord

and if it says it wont work with both hdmis populated what on earth do i do ??????

Are you going to be using the HDMI to DVI adapter? If not, it's like joebeard said ... it won't matter.

In that case (if I'm reading the footnote correctly) you want to use HDMI2 for the HDMI to DVI adapter.

It doesn't matter one bit. The problem is clear in this picture, if you use a PS/2 keyboard/mouse and a HDMI to DVI adapter, there isn't going to be enough space. DVI ends are big.

So if you must use that PS/2 connection and you need DVI then just buy a couple of these or these.

Back