I have Windows 7 Home Premium (64)

circusboy01

It say (64) bit on the box it came in, and in Belarc Advisor. But when I click open the, start menu, click on compuiter,click on local Disk (c). Among the things it shows is Program(x86). From what I have read (86) means 32bit,
Does this mean that my machine isn't a complete 64 bit machine.. If so why?
Is the (86) just there until they can develope a complete (64) bit machine.Or is it normal for (64) bit machines to have some (32)bit things in them,and (32) bit Machines to have some (64) bit stuff. Ray

The Program(x86) folder is for 32-bit programs. You also have a "Program Files" folder which is for 64-bit programs. On 32-bit windows, you don't have a (x86) folder.

I have a question? Can I run 32 -bit programs in Windows 7 64-bit, if I place them in the x86 Prgram Files folder?
PLEASE HELP!

circusboy01 - Yes, the x86 just indicates its a 32bit program. 64bit programs by default (you can change it of course) install to 'Program Files', 32bit install to 'Program Files (x86)'.

Neil - We don't need all caps and an exclamation mark to answer. Yes you can run 32bit, and as I said above, you don't even have to place them there, they will install to that location by default.

circusboy01 - Yes, the x86 just indicates its a 32bit program. 64bit programs by default (you can change it of course) install to 'Program Files', 32bit install to 'Program Files (x86)'.

Neil - We don't need all caps and an exclamation mark to answer. Yes you can run 32bit, and as I said above, you don't even have to place them there, they will install to that location by default.

Sorry about that SNGX1275. I have recently upgraded from XP, and got worried that some of my programs won't work.
Thank you.

Back