I installed 4 gigs of ram and only 2.5 gigs show up

Status
Not open for further replies.

HDD123

Today I installed my 4gbs of Gskill ram. But when I checked my basic information on windows 7 64 bit it says I have 2.5 gigs but according to PC Wizard 2008 I have the full 4 gigs of ram and I read on the internet most of the people who have this problem have 8800gt's so could it be my xfx 9800 gt the picturesof the basic information and pc wizard 2008 information. I also heard you could fash the bios in your gpu to get this problem fixed but I can find a flashe xfx 9800 gt bios anywhere......

Attachments

• Windows 7 basic info 2.5 gigs 64 bit.jpg
    Windows 7 basic info 2.5 gigs 64 bit.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 13
  • Pc Wizard 4 gigs.jpg
    Pc Wizard 4 gigs.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 12
run msinfo32.exe (i think they have it in 7) it will tell you how much is installed and how much u are using, you probably hit your computers maximum

run msinfo32.exe (i think they have it in 7) it will tell you how much is installed and how much u are using, you probably hit your computers maximum

Where it says "Intalled Physical Memory (RAM)" in msinfo.32.exe it says "Not Available"

have you checked your motherboard ram limit to make sure you havent exceeded it. check crucial's website. they are pretty accurate with listing computer ram limits. or check with your board manufacturer. if you cant find it list your board/computer model

I also checked Cpuz and it says i have 4 gigs of memory... only the basic information and msinfo32.exe show 2.5 gigs....... Should I reinstall windows 7 64 bit ???

@CCT; So what the Mobo specs are saying is that he's getting MORE than Biostar actually predicts? That seems like a first!

I dunno - maybe the latest Bios DOES support more BUT the poster should have that info if he bought the 4 GB.

Having 4 onboard being 'seen' isn't the same as having 4 onboard being 'used'. And a 'limit' of 2 GB may well have some 'waffle' room.

edit: limit of 2 re the waffle :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back