TechSpot

I just installed a halo trial version

By Maz
Jun 19, 2007
  1. by going on gamespyarcade.com. after i downloaded it my virus protector thing (mcafee) said that the halo file was a pup (potentionally unwanted program) or something like that and so it asked if i wanted to trust it or throw it away. so i said throw it away because i was kinda scared.

After all this the virus scanner told me to scanner told me to scan so i scanned my computer and it found 8 adware things from the website gamespyarcade.com. Obviously im no computer genious im actually wat i call "computer dumb" lol. So should i be worried? or should i continue playing my game without worrying?

please give me ur oppion

Thank you :D

2. TimeParadoX

TimeParadoX TS Rookie Posts: 2,273

Well...

Gamespyarcade = Spyware arcade :)

go to this:

http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic58138.html

follow all the instructions then post your logs into the Security & The web part of this forum, someone will tell you if your PC is infected! :)

3. Maz

Maz TS Rookie Topic Starter

well i scanned my computer with AVG and McAfee and i cleaned also. it says that there were no infections or anything.

Then i asked my friend from knight47.com and he told me it was probably just a tracking cookie

4. mailpup

mailpup TS Special Forces Posts: 6,979   +362

You could download a clean trial version from Microsoft itself and be free of Gamespyware. See here.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.