I lost internet connection, Please help!

By adu123
Nov 30, 2007
  1. Within these few day, my computer kept losing connection to the internet. I was able to be online for 1 hour and all of sudden it would disconnected for no reasons, and I've to wait one day to be able to get back online again. I've a home network at home, my cox cable modem is connected to my router which is connected to my computer. Everything seems working properly, I have no idea what's causing all this! Any help or suggestion would be grateful, thank you.
  2. Cinders

Cinders TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 872   +12

Next time that happens you need to call Cox cable and see if their network is down.
  3. adu123

adu123 TS Maniac Topic Starter Posts: 278

I did called cox to ask them about the network, but they told me everything was ok. My cousin also has a cox cable modem, I've called him to find out if he could connect to the net while I couldn't, and he told me he could. How come he could connect to the net When I couldn't? We have the ISP.
    Could it be someone hacked into my network, and change the setting of my router? Thank you
  4. pdyckman@comcas

pdyckman@comcas TS Rookie Posts: 527

Next time you lose connection, unplug your modem's power wire. Let it sit for a minute. Many times this will reset the modem and all will be well.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.