I lost my win XP Admin password

By digital mafia
Dec 19, 2006
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hi
    Lately I fooled around with my Win XP Pro. and accidently deleted my administrator account which contains my name .

Now I am left with one and only user account and that is the default "Administrator" .

my problem is i forgot the password for default administrator and i dont have any other user to log in

HOW can i recover and relogin to my PC ?

Any help would be appreciated

THANK YOU

Mike
  2. frankibo

frankibo Newcomer, in training Posts: 83

On the Microsoft Web Page there is a article about this problem. There are instructions to make a CD which can change the administrator password.
  3. siva_s33

siva_s33 Newcomer, in training

i have the dell machine in that dell machine product key is given wkd4v-bcw29-j9p3b-q2rkd-cbkfd but it is not valid to chang the product key then windows xp 64 bit edition is not activated
  4. Coronas

Coronas Newcomer, in training Posts: 33

5. tomkae

tomkae Newcomer, in training

click Start-Run and type "control userpasswords2" (without the quotes)
  6. Grafficks

Grafficks Newcomer, in training Posts: 454

He can't login to any account, so he can't run that command. :)

I think ophcrack is your best hope. It's an open-source Linux-based LiveCD that boots off your CD drive and lists all passwords for all Windows accounts.
  7. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso Newcomer, in training Posts: 25,948   +19

Old thread alert guys. ;)

Please check the date of threads prior to posting. Thanks.

Regards Howard :)
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.