I need a 3D model program.

By Mattjesty
May 20, 2007
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi, i have been using Flash for a while now and i was starting to think about making 3d things instead. I would like an easy to use one that has the power to look pretty cool. If anyone could recommend me some programs i would be greatful.

Hope to hear from you guys
  2. shabutie

shabutie Newcomer, in training

I recommend 3d Max if you are using Windows, if it is a Mac go w/ Maya.
  3. LNCPapa

LNCPapa TS Special Forces Posts: 4,289   +262

If you're looking for something free give Blender a try. There are also trial versions of the more powerful applications like Maya, Studio Tools, and Lightwave available. For something easy to pick up and use right away try the demo of Rhino3D. SketchUp is a nice entry level 3D tool to play around with as well.

By the way - Blender is available on many platforms - Maya on Mac, Windows, and Linux - Lightwave on Mac and Windows - and the rest on Windows only.
  4. halo71

halo71 Newcomer, in training Posts: 1,289

I was going to recommend Blender as well. I am really surprised they offer a free version of this software! If you are in doubt go to the website and go into the forums and click on the galleries or work in progress threads. Some of them guys do some really amazing things!
  5. Mattjesty

Mattjesty Newcomer, in training Topic Starter Posts: 36

Thanks for the suggestions all, i'll give some of them a try :)
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.