I need advice on a good gaming PC build

Hrunting

I am new to gaming computers so be patient with me haha. I am wanting to build the best gaming computer possible for around 900 dollars (do not care about blueray and all that crap, all I care about is pure performance for gaming) I also would like to exclude the OS, keyboard and mouse. I just want to have a custom built machine that would last at least 2 years, if not more. Right now I am gaming with a Dell Inspiron 1545 so you can imagine my frustration lol. I am going to attempt to build this computer myself, I just have no idea what would be the best bang for the buck. Again I am new to all this so just try to be understanding :D
Thank you!

which OS are you excluding; is it 32 or 64-bit?

with this information we will be better able to recommend a processor and memory.

Newegg will most likely be the best place to order parts online...

my next question would be which size monitor you would prefer? 1080p is pretty much the premium option for PC gaming now so i would recommend something with 1920x1080 or higher if you can find something reasonable. the reason i bring this up is because a lot of higher end graphics cards are tailored to high resolution gaming...

Yes that would be what I am planning on using. Like I said I just don't honestly know what kind of build would be best for my needs, I don't know enough about the specs/brands to actually make the best decision. I just want the best parts possible for around 900-1k roughly. I wanna be able to log on any game and have a beast FPS on highest settings.

I've been looking around on Newegg, it just honestly is confusing trying to figure out what would be best, I just don't know what to get and what would be compatible with each other..lol If this was putting together a motor it would be a different story haha.

The X6 1100T will be compatible with the other components. However, I suggest you go with the 1055T as the difference in performance between them will be almost negligible. The 1100T has an unlocked multiplier but the 1055 can also be easily overclocked. The extra $60 could be spent on a better mobo maybe.

Ok thank you Ritwik7, would you suggest another mobo or would you stick with the one you have already suggested? I would be willing to go up to a 1k budget if need be.

Also would that case be novice friendly seeings how this will be my first build and all.

That would be compatible with everything else right? Also I shouldn't have a problem putting this all in that case should I? Thanks alot for the info!

Back