I need help finding compatible motherboards for my PCs

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have 2 PCs that both need motherboards, and I am having a very hard time finding them. the 1st PC is a HP Pavilion model# a705w I'm hoping I can find one that will work with it since I'm having such a hard time finding the exact one that came with the machine. The 2nd PC is an emachine model# W5243. I can purchase the motherboard for it, but don't want to pay the $150 for it. I'm hoping maybe I can get a cheaper one that will work with it. How do I go about finding motherboards that will work with my PCs? Any help will be much appreciated :)

The HP Pavilion A705W has an Intel Celeron 2.93GHz processor working on a Socket 478 motherboard. It uses DDR1 RAM.

There is just one Intel 478 motherboard listed on Newegg. BIOSTAR 945GC-M4 478.

However, that board uses DDR2 memory. So, in order for it to work, you have to buy new RAM. Also, if your HDD and DVD drive are both IDE you have to replace at least one of them as the mobo has a single IDE port. The rest are SATA.

As for the eMachines W5243, any cheap AM2 motherboard listed on Newegg should work.

I don't know why you'd want to resurrect a 478 tough. I suppose if you get one cheap, why not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back