TechSpot

I need help in diagnosing the problem of my toshiba sp20. please help me

By mcoolit23
Jul 5, 2009
  1. my toshiba satellite sp20 has aproblem booting up.. i really dont have any idea if what is the problem. when you press the power button it boots up to the toshiba logo then the fan turns off and it hangs on that part.. but if i reboot it again if i press the f2 immediately i still can access the bios menu..(the fan still stops after a while) when i exit the bios all i have is a blank screen.(black) please help me to fix my laptop... i really need it... can't afford to buy a new one...

thanks in advance...hoping to recieve feedbacks asap..

2. mcoolit23

mcoolit23 TS Rookie Topic Starter

update.. really need your advice... thanks in advance...

3. javeous

javeous TS Rookie Posts: 21

The first troubleshooting step I would take is to see if the computer will boot to a cd/dvd. Go into the bios and set the cd/dvd to boot first. If it does, then there is a good chance there is something wrong with the hard drive that prevents it from being booted. Don't worry about the fan shutting off. That's common when you first turn it on. It comes on as part of post, answers to the board that it is working then shuts off till needed. Find a system restore disc if you can boot. Just remember to back your stuff up. Which I'm sure you already know.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.