I need help on Windows driver

Status
Not open for further replies.

aaadddggg

Em.. sorry for my poor english...
So here's my problem...

I was trying to make AHCI to work (SB600) on my computer ...so then i got into the device manager and replace the driver under "SCSI & RAID Controller"...
But some how i can't replace the driver and i can't even remove it! (even if i remove it, windows will reinstall it back again)

I tried to remove the file under SYSTEM32\Driver but i can't find the file(dose not exist). so then i try to rename the driver for AHCI to that file(it's file name is "ASM2ORGH.sys")

but then it says "File in use" error.(which i don't see the file in explorer).Right... I got fedup with it.. I used UNLOCKER to rename the file on startup...guess what happens....

it renamed itself... can some one PLEASE tell me what the heck is this? And how do i remove it ? (plus. it say's it's a Valid Microsoft file)

Some details :
Windows XP Pro(Build 2600.xpsp_sp3gdr.090206-1234 : Service Pack 3)
Using Avira Anitvir Premium(last updated on 24/8/2009)
Foxconn a690vm2ma
www .foxconnchannel.com/product/Motherboards/detail_spec.aspx?ID=en-us0000313
Thx in advance.

Disable the driver in the Device manager. That will prevent the automatic restoration...
Then install the driver you need.

Disable the driver in the Device manager. That will prevent the automatic restoration...
Then install the driver you need.
Re: "Disabling the driver" is a common misconception.
Device Manager allows you to disable the device.. NOT the specific driver. (Disabling a device does NOT prevent the driver itself from being reinstalled)

To aaadddggg:
I can probably help you remove the driver if that's what you want.
>> But are you sure you want to remove and replace the current driver?
>> I only see one driver listed on the foxconn site. Is this different from what you currently have installed

We do it often. If the device is disabled then you don't have the problem of the driver bouncing back... It is a handy way to deal with the driver issue.

We do it often. If the device is disabled then you don't have the problem of the driver bouncing back... It is a handy way to deal with the driver issue.
LOL Define "bouncing back".

1) Disabling a device means windows won't use the device
2) If the driver is installed, windows won't try to reinstall the device (whether it's disabled or not)
3) If you disable a device then uninstall it, there's no longer any thing to be disabled and windows reinstalls what it wants

WoW... First thanks for the replys ....

To raybay:
right.... so if i disable the device, then how do i install "AMD AHCI Compatible RAID Controller".... i tried to scan the computer for new device but nothing was found....

To LookinAround :
1.Yes i am sure i want to get rid of it
2.Yes.

(i've tried to update it with Foxconn Live Update... same result..)

O... somthing more.. every time i scusssfully edit that driver..... it will reinstall itself and rename itself......"Axxxxxxx IDE Controller" axxxxxxx.sys (X stands for random number or letter)

Right... i tried somthing new...

I manage to update the driver with ahcix86.sys while that device is disabled....but when i enable it.... everything goes back to what it was before....

then i used Regedit(using SYSTEM account) and search & delete all the words for that driver name.....
it was gone! windows didn't install that driver again... untill i restart the computer .... it happens again...
it installed itself with a new name....

Edit:
Here is the exported registry for that driver(don't know if it helps)

sendspace.com/file/8fhzll

Thx in advance.

hahahaha.......
it's just a stupid driver made by Deamon Tools......

but then there's another question.......

how do i set my "AMD SATA Controller(Native IDE Mode)" into AHCI mode ?

(I found out about it when i google this "ACPI\PNPA000\4&5d18f2df&0")

>O< I did it!!

Please do it yourself if you can!!!!(NCQ(Native Command Queuing) function will be enabled on harddisk)

thx to
google
techspot
All who replied me and reading this
and these sites:
wikihow.com/Install-Ahci-Support-for-Ati-Sb600-Sata-Controllers-on-Existing-Windows-Installations
forums.amd.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=12&threadid=90588
62.109.81.232/cgi-bin/sbb/sbb.cgi?&a=show&forum=2&show=2290 (German)

XD I'm just too happy....(out of control...)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back