I need help regarding the Blue Screen of death?

Status
Not open for further replies.

speedy45

So for reason my cpu goes 100% then the Blue Screen of Death comes up, so I restart my computer until this happens again when. Also my bios from Intel is the lastest install, my OS is Windows XP Home SP3 with all the updates from Microsoft, and the lastest drivers are install from ATI & Intel,so why is this happening?

Why is the question that needs to be answered but only with further diagnostic steps. Step 1:

How to find and post your Minidump Files:

My Computer > C Drive > Windows Folder > Minidump Folder > Minidump Files.

It is these files that we need (not the folder). Attach to your next post the five most recent dumps. Notice the Manage Attachments button at the bottom when you go to post the next time. You can Zip up to five files per Zip; if you only have one or two you don’t need to zip them, just attach as is. Please do us a favor and don’t Zip each one individually.

ok Route44 except for one thing I check that folder in my Windows Folder, & there is no file what so ever its empty right now, when I post this message.

See this link: http://www.cakewalk.com/Support/ProblemReporter/minidump.asp

The following also works:

Do the following to enable Minidump Files to be created:

1. Right click My Computer > click Properties > click Advance tab

2. The Advance Screen at the bottom right has Error Reporting. Click this on.

3. Click Enabled error reporting and also check both boxes underneath: Windows operating system and Programs.

4. Now click Choose Programs and click All Programs. Then click Okay and that screen will close. At the next screen click Okay and that will close.

5. You are back to the Advance screen. Find the Start up and Recovery which has underneath it System startup, system failure, and debugging information. Click the Settings box.

6. Another screen will open. You want the System failure section. Enable all three boxes.

7. Under these boxes is Write debugging information. Choose the option Small memory dump (64kb). Click OK and that screen will close.

8. Click OK one more time and you'll be finished. Now the ability for your system to write minidumps should be enabled.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back