TechSpot

I need help restoring my Toshiba

By manu.hernan.
May 5, 2008
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. recently, a bunch of trojans got into my computer after I lend it to my sibling. Every time i use the internet an ad for antispyware appears and kept redirecting me to a blank page.....wich it look liked an ip adress followed by a lot of letters and numbers. And so on until the screen got full or until i removed the battery because it wouldn't shut down nor restart. I didn;t really know what to do so i started glitching, but things got worse. I have a Toshiba Satellita A215 s7472. A friend came over to help me, and got a spyware doctor but the problem still persisted, so he said that what i had to do was put the Recovery and applications/ drivers cd so it deletes everything it had and goes back to like when i bought......but.......i executed the cd wiithin the computer, not holding the "C" like it said on the instrucitons and it has been for 2 hours on a black screen. i do not know if this is normal or what do i need to do, because i am afraid to take out the battery because i have heard that it damages your computer :s......i dont want ti think it is to late :s....what do i do, or what is happening? thank you very much and god bless you all.
  2. CCT

CCT TS Evangelist Posts: 3,556

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.