I need help shopping for Clu's balls

Zen

Greetings folks, I hate to say it, but I require some assistance shopping for a various item that was used as a movie prop in the 2010 Disney hit movie "Tron Legacy"!

I am an avid Chinese meditation therapy balls collector, I have like 10 different sets, which some I use as decorative and or conversational pieces around my home. For the past couple day's, through various search engines like Yahoo, Excite and Google I have tried my best to find a set, that I really, really want.

I'm trying to find replicas of the chrome meditation balls that the character Clu was using in the movie Tron Legacy, during the "disc wars" scene. I'm going to display an image so you all know what I'm talking about....

clugravityballs.jpg

Those chrome balls with the band of light shinning through them is what I'm after! But for the life of me, I just can't nail these balls down, it seems like they don't exist. But I'm sure some company out there has created something either the same or some kind of knock offs to these movie props.

Any assistance or advise as to where I might possibly acquire a set of these balls would sure be welcomed and appreciated.

"Thanks"! :)

I doubt anyone else is going to have much luck tracking these things down, as your search appears quite extensive. I ran a few searches myself looking for even cheap replicas of the Tron Baoding balls and came up empty. They're not even included in the official prop displays or the inventories of prop stores. I did stumble upon a discussion thread [link] where a guy has laid out a basic concept to manufacture his own Clu balls, but the very notion leads me to believe that what's in the above screenshot isn't readily available for consumer purchase. Outside of really cheap plastic novelty toys, that is. That said, there are also substitutes that could potentially be modified to replicate what's in the movie, such as sneaker balls.

Building a pair sounds like an awesome project, though. Definitely good for stirring up a conversation about a collection item.

Greetings folks, I hate to say it, but I require some assistance shopping for a various item that was used as a movie prop in the 2010 Disney hit movie "Tron Legacy"!

I am an avid Chinese meditation therapy balls collector, I have like 10 different sets, which some I use as decorative and or conversational pieces around my home. For the past couple day's, through various search engines like Yahoo, Excite and Google I have tried my best to find a set, that I really, really want.

I'm trying to find replicas of the chrome meditation balls that the character Clu was using in the movie Tron Legacy, during the "disc wars" scene. I'm going to display an image so you all know what I'm talking about....

clugravityballs.jpg

Those chrome balls with the band of light shinning through them is what I'm after! But for the life of me, I just can't nail these balls down, it seems like they don't exist. But I'm sure some company out there has created something either the same or some kind of knock offs to these movie props.

Any assistance or advise as to where I might possibly acquire a set of these balls would sure be welcomed and appreciated.

"Thanks"! :)
I'd be willing to bet they were made specifically for the movie or for that matter a computer generated image.
I'm not familiar with the movie or the item, just adding my thoughts. I wish you the best.

Well I think I'm about "char broiled" and "well done" when it comes to this search! I think I'm going to give up the ghost when it comes looking for these things through regular channels. Now yesterday I did fire off a medium sized e-mail to Disney's property department, which claims to manage and oversee such things as movie props. I have requested their assistance in this matter, I gave them all the information I could about these balls. Now I guess time will only tell if this e-mail will be acted upon or at least answered with a Disney official response!

PS- As TechSpot member davislane1 mentioned, maybe making my own set of these might just be an adventure. If successful, it would go a long way at being a proud and powerful conversation piece when properly displayed in my home!

"Time to start doing my home work about this"! :) https://www.techspot.com/community/members/davislane1.306989/

I hope Disney can provide you with some useful information! If you eventually decide to make your own be sure to upload some pics to the thread. I'd love to see the finished product.

I hope Disney can provide you with some useful information! If you eventually decide to make your own be sure to upload some pics to the thread. I'd love to see the finished product.

Not a problem, I'll be more than sure to post some pic's of them! Maybe I'll keep notes as I go along and after the project is completed, maybe I'll post a "step by step" tutorial on how to make them!

Did you have any luck finding the "boading" balls from the movie? I don't have much skill related to manufacturing them. But I would love to have a set.

Thanks!

Not a problem, I'll be more than sure to post some pic's of them! Maybe I'll keep notes as I go along and after the project is completed, maybe I'll post a "step by step" tutorial on how to make them!
Have you considered trying to contact the producers or somebody with the movie for help? Just a thought. Good luck :)

Back