hi guys

and first of all i thank u for reading this

I am using the fallowing configuration

intel 946GZis

intel core 2 duo 1.86

3 gb of ddr2 ram

and a nvidia 8400gs 256 mb g-card

I need help in 2 things here

i had this problem sometimes but suddenly a day my system failed to boot . usually before that my system boots with a "CMOS error "(my sytem time changes even though i replaced a new cmos battery)after i push the reset buttons twice or trice after getting no display in my computer

but suddenly a day whatever i try nothing worked and i was not able to boot my computer

so i started to examine and when i removed my graphics card from my mobo i was able to boot my system

and one more thing i noticed from my bios is that my ram which is like 1 gb that i brought while building my computer was 667 MHz and after that i upgrade the ram with another 2 gb but it was clocking at a speed of 800 MHz

so while that give any problem?

and my computer is working fine now after removing the graphics card..i have the old 1 gb(667) ram in the first ram slot and 2 gb(800) ram in the second ram slot

my system memory shows 3 gb.. but when i switch ram from their slots,some times i face booting issues.

i am currently not using the graphics card but when i used the computer before i used a overclocking software to overclock my graphic cad.. and i am confused
now.

the confusion is ..

1) was the boot issue was because of the faulty graphics card?
if it is i have to change my grapics card ..and will my pc support 9600gt?

2)two ram clocking at different speed?

3)whether its because of any problem in my mother board

guys please help me

1) was the boot issue was because of the faulty graphics card?
if it is i have to change my grapics card ..and will my pc support 9600gt?

your MB will support the 9600gt. you can use any PCIE card (as long as you have enough PSU)

2)two ram clocking at different speed?
Always best to have matching ram. a mismatch can cause problems in many different ways. but if you want to use the diff RAM modules together, try putting the slower (667) in the 'A' channel. the RAM will operate at the speed of the slowest module(s)

3)whether its because of any problem in my mother board
It could be the MB. it is much more likley that it is the Graphics card, especially since you said you were OC it.

thanks red

do any body have any suggestions?

and one more think

i know my mobo supports lga775 processors

will that be ok so that i can upgrade my cpu to core 2 duo 3.0

or if i need to upgrade my mobo which is the best budget mobo for me which supports my current processor and core 2 duo 3.0 GHz processor & as moderate feature and supports all my other components?

Back