TechSpot

I need help with my log please

By oman2003
Dec 23, 2005
  1. Hi,
    I think I have multiple problems with windows - not sure. My screen keeps going to "black" with the message - "Operating system not found". I have restored the system yesterday following microsofts tech docs. The Windows\system32\config\system file was badly corrupt or lost it could not be copied to a backup location. I got this resolved only to bring my system back to a bootable condition - and the \windows\system32\config\system file is a copy from the restore directory.

I have also noted in my system event viewer logs three services are not starting....
    1 - The FireDaemon Service: ecure service failed to start due to the following error:
    The system cannot find the file specified.

2 - The FireDaemon Service: svhost1 service failed to start due to the following error:

3 - The FireDaemon Service: system service failed to start due to the following error:

Researching these messages brought me to the experts - and here I am asking for help.

2. oman2003

oman2003 TS Rookie Topic Starter

I also noted on boot up, when windows is loading, right before the LOGON screen appears, I see a message that says C:windows is being checked... The volumn is not able to be directly accessed... The next lines go away to quick to read the rest...

I am guessing it is where the \windows\system32\config\xxxxx errors come in??

Thanks for helping....

Eagerly trying to resolve these issues..

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.