I need help with Trogan.DNSChanger

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am having alot of trouble with these viruses that have kept me trying every way to get rid of them but it's just not working. These viruses are keeping me from updating windows or anyvirsus program and some other things. First I tryed many things that I found was working for other people. I downloaded Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware. SUPERAntiSpyware and CCleaner. Malware has found the viruses however will not delete them. I then tryed to delete them manually and that didnt work. So i thought then i the only way to finally beat this virus is to do a factory restore on my computer and start from scratch but somehow that still did not work! I just cant get rid of this thing will somebody please help me.

I had dnschanger trojan and just got rid of it today. It had installed itself on my linksys router, so anytime I removed it using MalwareBytes, it got reinstalled via wireless router. The simple fix was to reset the router with the reset button after removing it from the computer with the above software. This will mean you have to set up a connection again, but it works! thumbup.gif

I have AMD 6000+ X2, Vista 64 Ultimate, Biostar MB, 6gb installed, 250 gb hd and 80gb hd, linksys wireless router and Motorola cable modem on comcast.

All else failed to remove it completely until I did this. Also the trojan has been reworked, so the original files that you would look for aren't there. I found it with the registry entries. There are no TDSS files, etc.

As BlindDragon has already posted in another thread, in reply to MarriedMan's "answer"...

Thanks for sharing, ...
The procedure you describe may fix symptoms however I encourage anybody with this problem to run through the 8 steps and post the logs as there may be more to it.

Regards,

BD

When you have done the eight steps, post your logs, per the instructions.
One of the more experienced helpers can help you sort things out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back