I need info from Dell set up sheet

bigbrat41

My son's Dell (UGH!) HDD went south and we are out of warranty ( another subject worthy of a rant ). Dell says that they are not responsible for sending us the software that we paid for and may not ( Cannot as far as Dell is concerned ) be able to recover. Dell says that my son should have created a image restore, back up, recovery?? disk when he set up the unit.

I would like to verify that indeed the BIG setup sheet that came with the computor, Dell Dimension 3000, does state this fact in rather specific language.
Any help will be appreciated. Thank you.

Now to try to recover his files with my CyberPower.

As others, its nice to hear from you RBS.

STUPID?? If I didn't richly deserve that I might be offended.
Seriously, I can see where Dell does fill a niche in the market ( you cannot imagine the disgusted face I'm making as I stick up for them ). I would love for my 76 year old mother to have a computer and the advertised Dells at $299. seem a likely prospect ( UGH ).

My intent right now is to make Dell step up and take responsibility for their stuff. My sense of justice and fair play and America and Apple pie Oops, demand that they take their share of the load. We did not BUY ( good God!! buy a warranty??) any warranty over their 90 day base so I accept that THEY are not responsible for the HDD, but why are they not willing to go to Samsung for a replacement as it is my understanding that most of their HDD have a 3 year warranty.
We purchased the software. Where is their support?
In the interest of the WHOLE truth they are offering us a Win XP disk.

I intend to hook up his HDD to my comp' and see if I can access his files thru my Win XP. If that doesn't work I will certainly try to muddle my way thru your suggestions.

I was looking for verification of a lack of clear instructions on the setup sheet so I can try to cram their "you should have done..." response back down their petty throats.

thank you for your response.

Back