i need information on T&L capable video cards what do they do? etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
i recently purchaced halo for the pc and i have all the system specs and on microsoft's website it says im able to play it however that isnt the case. I need a T&L capable video card that runs at 32MB i would like to know the following.

what aspects of gaming would this attribute to (e.g. better graphics or increased sound quality)?

where could i find one?

about how much would one cost?

and finally is it worth tracking one down or should i just return the game?

and are most graphics cards T&L compatable

i got this computer second hand from my uncle so im still becoming familliar with what all its packin' but this is what i know for sure

it runs on microsoft xp
its a dell with the computer model L100R
runs on an intell pentium III at 1.1Ghz
510 MB of ram
has direct-x 9.0
chip type is intel(R) 82810
approx total mem is 32 mb
current display mode 800 x 600 24 bit 85Hz

on microsoft's website it says my computer can run the game but when i go to scan it it says it didnt recognise all my parts

thank you for your time.
~David

You need just a basic grahic card. One to play that game should be about $30-$40. Gives us the make and model of your computer so we can help you make a selction. (that is combatible with you computer)

what exactly are you trying to run? just because you meet the minimum requirements to run doesn't eman that something still run properly/well.

Okay....Halo is a pretty basic game and definitely one of my favorites. The only downside to your computer is that you do not have an AGP slot on your motherboard. In other words you have to buy a PCI graphics card. In case you don't know PCI is not the same as PCI-express. PCI cards are not as good as AGP or PCI-express cards, but it should run HALO just fine.

Here is a basic definition of T&L.

Here is a list of games that your current video card will work with

You can see that the list says HALO will not run and that there is no workaround or fix for it.

As far as upgrade options:
1). Chaintech FX5200 256MB 128-bit 4 pixel pipelines PCI card = $72
In the reviews of the card above...someone said that it ran Halo.

If you don't like the card above...then shop around for a PCI card that is 128-bit with 4 pixel pipelines.

Any other questions??
Cheers

does your motherboard have an agp socket? if so, how much room is there for the video card?

I don´t think so, look at his chipset, intel 82810, it doesn´t support AGP I think, so, he´s stuck with PCI :dead: :zzz:

Wowzer!

okay well i think green's post just abot covers everything i have ever wanted to know abaout anything related to this by any stretch of the imagination

thanks yall

Help Pleaze

Hello, i recently bought the game halo evovled. i installed the whole game. they only problem i have is i cant see anthing. i can hear the game, but i cant see anthing.

can someone pleaze help me thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back