I need some help on this please

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whats up everyone...I just wanted to know if anyone knows the answers to these questions:

1. In Windows XP, the “My Documents” folder for a user account named John is located in:
a. C:\Users\John\My Documents
b. C:\Documents and Settings\John\Documents
c. C:\Users\John\Documents
d. C:\Documents and Settings\John\My Documents

2. Windows XP and Windows Vista both store a list of error messages, warnings, and other messages encountered by the operating system in a file called:
a. The Windows Registry
b. The Event Log
c. C:\Windows\Errors\errors.txt
d. The System Tray

3. A customer tells you, “I can’t open my resume document file.” You should first ask:
a. “What happens when you try to open the file?”
b. “What program did you use to create the file?”
c. “What version of Windows are you using?”
d. “What type of mouse are you using?”

4. A gigabyte contains:
a. 1000 kilobytes
b. 1064 bytes
c. 1000 megabytes
d. 1024 megabytes

5. To start Windows in Safe Mode, you should press this key at the “Starting Microsoft Windows” prompt when the computer first starts up:
a. Delete
b. F8
c. Esc
d. F10

6. If the Windows Explorer shell crashes and does not restart automatically, these steps will restart it:
a. Click Start, then Run, and type explorer.exe and press Enter.
b. Press Ctrl+R and then type explorer.exe and press Enter.
c. Open the Task Manager by pressing Ctrl+Alt+Delete, then select File; New Task, and then type explorer.exe and press Enter.
d. Press Alt+F4 and then type explorer.exe and press Enter.

7. When creating a new hard drive partition or adding a new hard drive to your computer, the following drive letters cannot be assigned as the new drive letter:
a. A and B
b. B and D
c. A and D
d. A, B, and D

8. Which solution below can you use to close a program that is already running (if you cannot do so within the program itself)?
a. The Task Manager
b. Use the msconfig.exe utility
c. The Windows Registry Editor
d. The Add/Remove Programs control panel

9. Which solution below can you use to stop a program from automatically running at startup (without uninstalling the program itself)?
a. The Task Manager
b. The services.msc utility
c. The msconfig.exe utility
d. The Windows Firewall

10. Which executable filename below will open an MS-DOS Command Prompt window in both Windows XP and Windows Vista?
a. commandline.exe
b. comm.exe
c. cmd.exe
d. cmnd.exe

11. A customer’s network includes a broadband modem, a wireless router, and three computers. One of the computers cannot connect properly to the Internet. The problem will most likely be found in:
a. The Internet Service Provider
b. The broadband modem
c. The wireless router
d. The computer

12. Opening which type of file below is least likely to infect your computer with a virus?
a. A program file (.exe)
b. A Word document (.doc)
c. A plain text document (.txt)
d. An Excel spreadsheet document (.xls)

13. Disk defragmentation software is used to:
a. Consolidate the data on a hard drive so that it can be read more efficiently.
b. Compress the data on a hard drive so that it takes up less space.
c. Correct file system errors and replace missing files.
d. All of the above.

14. By default for most computers, which device is at the top of the boot priority list? (In other words, from which drive will the computer boot first if it is bootable?)
a. CD-ROM drive
b. USB drive
c. Network drive
d. Hard drive

15. The purpose of a firewall is to:
a. Protect the computer from fire and heat damage
b. Protect the computer from hackers breaking in through its network connection
c. Protect the computer from viruses
d. Protect the files on the computer by backing them up

16. A simple explanation of encryption would be:
a. Scrambling data so that it is only readable by authorized users.
b. Compressing data so that it takes up less disk space.
c. Deleting unnecessary files and folders.
d. Infecting a computer with a virus.

17. Which of the following file extensions is commonly used for temporary files?
a. .tem
b. .tpy
c. .tmp
d. .try

18. If all of the following files are exactly the same size, which will be the smallest after compressing the files?
a. example.rtf
b. example.wmv
c. example.mp3
d. example.jpg

19. What does ISP stand for?
a. Index and Stack Pointer
b. Internet Service Provider
c. Internal Security Protocol
d. International Safety Procedure

20. Which of the following is the default web browser in a new installation of Windows XP and/or Vista?
a. Mozilla Firefox
b. MSN Explorer
c. Netscape Navigator
d. Microsoft Internet Explorer

21. Which of the following file types cannot be opened on a computer that only has Windows on it (and does not have any other software installed yet)?
a. .zip
b. .txt
c. .bmp
d. .rar

22. Which of the commands below should be used to determine what your IP address is?
a. ipconfig /release
b. ipconfig /renew
c. ipconfig /flushdns
d. ipconfig /all

23. What does IP stand for?
a. Internet Policy
b. Internet Protocol
c. Internet Provider
d. Internet Prompt

24. Which of the following connection types offers the fastest data throughput?
a. Serial
b. USB 2.0
c. Firewire 400 (IEEE 1394-1995)
d. 10/100MBps LAN

25. Which of the following programs is not some type of security software?
a. McAfee Firewall
b. Spybot Search and Destroy
c. Norton SpeedDisk
d. Kaspersky Internet Security

well not exactly...its for a job position and i really want to score well on it so that i can be considered for the job offer....if you can give me a hand, i would appreciate it but if not its all good....i'm trying to finish it right now but i'm not sure if my answers are correct....

thanks anyway...

But... but... If you don't know the answers now how can you help the people that will come to you in the future needing tech repair? :monkey:

I do not think you will get any help with this. This is plain cheating, furthermore posting this on the web is not smart.

Sorry couldn't resist ! :)

Whats up everyone...I just wanted to know if anyone knows the answers to these questions:

1. In Windows XP, the “My Documents” folder for a user account named John is located in:
a. C:\Users\John\My Documents
b. C:\Documents and Settings\John\Documents
c. C:\Users\John\Documents
d. C:\Documents and Settings\John\My Documents

2. Windows XP and Windows Vista both store a list of error messages, warnings, and other messages encountered by the operating system in a file called:
a. The Windows Registry
b. The Event Log
c. C:\Windows\Errors\errors.txt
d. The System Tray

3. A customer tells you, “I can’t open my resume document file.” You should first ask:
a. “What happens when you try to open the file?”
b. “What program did you use to create the file?”
c. “What version of Windows are you using?”
d. “What type of mouse are you using?”

4. A gigabyte contains:
a. 1000 kilobytes
b. 1064 bytes
c. 1000 megabytes
d. 1024 megabytes

5. To start Windows in Safe Mode, you should press this key at the “Starting Microsoft Windows” prompt when the computer first starts up:
a. Delete
b. F8
c. Esc
d. F10

6. If the Windows Explorer shell crashes and does not restart automatically, these steps will restart it:
a. Click Start, then Run, and type explorer.exe and press Enter.
b. Press Ctrl+R and then type explorer.exe and press Enter.
c. Open the Task Manager by pressing Ctrl+Alt+Delete, then select File; New Task, and then type explorer.exe and press Enter.
d. Press Alt+F4 and then type explorer.exe and press Enter.

7. When creating a new hard drive partition or adding a new hard drive to your computer, the following drive letters cannot be assigned as the new drive letter:
a. A and B
b. B and D
c. A and D
d. A, B, and D

8. Which solution below can you use to close a program that is already running (if you cannot do so within the program itself)?
a. The Task Manager
b. Use the msconfig.exe utility
c. The Windows Registry Editor
d. The Add/Remove Programs control panel

9. Which solution below can you use to stop a program from automatically running at startup (without uninstalling the program itself)?
a. The Task Manager
b. The services.msc utility
c. The msconfig.exe utility
d. The Windows Firewall

10. Which executable filename below will open an MS-DOS Command Prompt window in both Windows XP and Windows Vista?
a. commandline.exe
b. comm.exe
c. cmd.exe
d. cmnd.exe

11. A customer’s network includes a broadband modem, a wireless router, and three computers. One of the computers cannot connect properly to the Internet. The problem will most likely be found in:
a. The Internet Service Provider
b. The broadband modem
c. The wireless router
d. The computer

12. Opening which type of file below is least likely to infect your computer with a virus?
a. A program file (.exe)
b. A Word document (.doc)
c. A plain text document (.txt)
d. An Excel spreadsheet document (.xls)

13. Disk defragmentation software is used to:
a. Consolidate the data on a hard drive so that it can be read more efficiently.
b. Compress the data on a hard drive so that it takes up less space.
c. Correct file system errors and replace missing files.
d. All of the above.

14. By default for most computers, which device is at the top of the boot priority list? (In other words, from which drive will the computer boot first if it is bootable?)
a. CD-ROM drive
b. USB drive
c. Network drive
d. Hard drive

15. The purpose of a firewall is to:
a. Protect the computer from fire and heat damage
b. Protect the computer from hackers breaking in through its network connection
c. Protect the computer from viruses
d. Protect the files on the computer by backing them up

16. A simple explanation of encryption would be:
a. Scrambling data so that it is only readable by authorized users.
b. Compressing data so that it takes up less disk space.
c. Deleting unnecessary files and folders.
d. Infecting a computer with a virus.

17. Which of the following file extensions is commonly used for temporary files?
a. .tem
b. .tpy
c. .tmp
d. .try

18. If all of the following files are exactly the same size, which will be the smallest after compressing the files?
a. example.rtf
b. example.wmv
c. example.mp3
d. example.jpg (actually it might be mp3!)

19. What does ISP stand for?
a. Index and Stack Pointer
b. Internet Service Provider
c. Internal Security Protocol
d. International Safety Procedure

20. Which of the following is the default web browser in a new installation of Windows XP and/or Vista?
a. Mozilla Firefox
b. MSN Explorer
c. Netscape Navigator
d. Microsoft Internet Explorer

21. Which of the following file types cannot be opened on a computer that only has Windows on it (and does not have any other software installed yet)?
a. .zip
b. .txt
c. .bmp
d. .rar

22. Which of the commands below should be used to determine what your IP address is?
a. ipconfig /release
b. ipconfig /renew
c. ipconfig /flushdns
d. ipconfig /all

23. What does IP stand for?
a. Internet Policy
b. Internet Protocol
c. Internet Provider
d. Internet Prompt

24. Which of the following connection types offers the fastest data throughput?
a. Serial
b. USB 2.0
c. Firewire 400 (IEEE 1394-1995)
d. 10/100MBps LAN

25. Which of the following programs is not some type of security software?
a. McAfee Firewall
b. Spybot Search and Destroy
c. Norton SpeedDisk
d. Kaspersky Internet Security

But... but... If you don't know the answers now how can you help the people that will come to you in the future needing tech repair? :monkey:

And how is this different to any other computer manufacture support HelpDesk personnal?

And how is this different to any other computer manufacture support HelpDesk personnal?

I feel you "kimsland"....some people on here are just ignorant and to annal about things that aren't a big deal and then you have people like you "kimsland" who look out for other people. There's actually people on here that aren't A-holes! I wanna thank you for giving me a hand with that assessment. I appreciate it very much.

Good day... :wave:

If that is where he wants to go to find the answers, fine. But we don't support warze or breaking copy protection or a myriad of other things such as illegal copies of software, So how is this different?

I feel you "kimsland"....some people on here are just ignorant and to annal about things that aren't a big deal and then you have people like you "kimsland" who look out for other people. There's actually people on here that aren't A-holes! I wanna thank you for giving me a hand with that assessment. I appreciate it very much.

Good day... :wave:

Giving you a hand? Big understatement!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back