I need some help (PC problem)

By TheDumbass
Jan 25, 2010
  1. my pc is freezeing in all of the games what did worked before
    when i launch game pc will freeze or turn off like power is cut off when it freezez and i press restart it has troubel with booting up but if i hold down power button and then turnit back on it will turn on normaly
    the freezing is in all the games but in diffrent part some games freeze instantly when i launch and some freeze in some certent places
    iv done cpu, ram, harddrive test (all fine) and when i did 3dmark06 it freezed
    pc temps are in normal limits
    did virus scan with karspersky, avast and bitdefender result no viruses
    did format and changed op from xp ro sp3 to win7 ultimate
    freezeing lasted
    so i need some help with identifing and solving this problem
  2. yangly18

yangly18 TS Rookie Posts: 217

update video card drivers?

and what power supply are you using?
  3. TheDumbass

TheDumbass TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 22

video card drivers and all pc drivers are up to date and i hawe 450w codegen power supply
  4. Ritwik7

Ritwik7 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,672   +9

Just test with a different PSU if possible. Maybe the card is not getting enough power from it.
  5. TheDumbass

but it did before and problem is in all games and i mean that older game should use less card so card uses less power and it should work but it still freezes
    and i disconnected most of stuff from my pc and it still freezed
  6. ucould2

ucould2 TS Guru Posts: 271

You haven't dislodged a power fan wire / Broken a RAM slot by leaning on it (or short circuit)?
    The memory your using or play the game from is not external / diverted through a raid card?
    And the game I play the most ie sit in front of the longest is on my main HD (small 30Gb) faster to access for the CPU. The other games I play still work through the raid but react slower. I actually don't notice it with my eyes, just my fingers never seem to be quite quick enough :D
    Tag ~
  7. TheDumbass

no and i am only one how is touching my pc so i am sure nothing isn`t short circuit
    and freezeing came when i launched dead space (it worked before) then i tried other games and freezeing started to occour more and more games
  8. Route44

Route44 TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 11,966   +70

First, I love the name you chose. :grinthumb

Second, when you updated drivers did you first use something like Driver Cleaner Pro or Driver Sweeper (they both have free versions that work very welll) to make sure all old drivers were removed first?
  9. TheDumbass

no i updatet drivers manualy but i will try now
    big thank you to Route44 and others how helped it was driver problem like Route44 said
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.