I need to be check (.txt files) recovering from bad infestation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lightning88

So i'm currently fixing my computer which i managed to get tons of baddie files.
im currently using Comondo firewall and virus scanner, bitdefender , geswall(this app helped alot!) and also everything in the 8steps (ccleaner,malwarebytes,SAS,hijackthis)

but for some reason i still get random detections. (last detection was yesterday)
also im having the google redirect. which is a pain. lol google is my number one go to guy.
also my background goes black(as something covering my wallpaper?) but when i turn off my computer it shows my background.

so I'm attacthing the files you need to be able to tell me if im a green light (as ive cleared out all the baddies) or im a red light.

thank you in advanced!

LL

Uninstall your McAfee Antivirus
Then run the McAfee Removal Tool

Install Avira free AntiVirus, and run a full scan
I would be highly interested in knowing if Avira found and removed more Viruses lurking around (oh and McAfee is next to useless anyway ;) )

Uninstall your McAfee Antivirus

I would be highly interested in knowing if Avira found and removed more Viruses lurking around (oh and McAfee is next to useless anyway ;) )

ive been trying to uninstall Mcafee.(its no longer in add/remove so i thought it was gone) but i guess it just doesn't want to leave. any ideas how to move it out? i use comodo anti virus currently. is avira better?

Just ran the clean up for mcafee. it says clean ups already running >.>

Comodo is a personal firewall (not an Antivirus)
Also personal firewalls are really only needed if you do online banking, or if you are overly concerned of attacks (ie not everyone has this, they just use Windows firewall)

As for McAfee. Please run the McAfee Removal Tool
I posted a direct link (clickable blue writing) in my last post to you

Oh thanks, just saw the edit ;)

comodo is indeed a antivirius(atleast so this says run virus scan.) >.< i cant post links.
will their AV affect avira
haha i dont even know if i have windows firewall?
i mean things are good now just mainly the google/desktop picture being gone.

;) lol so how do we delete mcafee if the tool wont allow me to delete?
since it says theres another one running. but i don't think that is true. i did dl the same tool possibly on my adventure for cleaning this puppy up. but i deleted it? so i thought.

OH mcafee how you ruin my life lol.

btw tyvm for the help!

lol not a problem i will indeed try avira.

but first when i run the uninstall tool (via your link)
it says clean up failed"
tool is already running.

i did infact dl that tool a day or two ago and deleted it after it didnt to what it said it would >.>
(which it didnt come with an uninstall option so i just deleted the short cut in start>all progs)

--- okay so i went to the prog folder. i found what i thought i deleted. mcafee uninstaller 6.5 demo. does indeed not have an uninstaller in the folder. (odd) and i went to the normal mcafee folder and all thats in there is virusscan,MBK,MHN,site advisor. in the folders does have files.

There was a delay by me just then, because I just used the McAfee Removal Tool on my system (why not, may as well see what it does ;) )

Anyway, the tool does not install to Program Files, it runs from %temp%

You may need to run the removal tool in Safe Mode (you press F8 before Windows startup, to get to Safe Mode)

By the way, that tool is horrible, in the way that it works
I'm going to make sure I tell everyone to close all running programs, before running it (with all its black DOS screen flashes and all :D )

Actually Run CCleaner first

okay i will CCleaner first.
then f8 as on the first or second screen?(first being showing my gfx card second showing all the loading files/checks) if the second ive donet his but it comes to screen asking for a floppy disk? or something lol.

lol. that tool. (insert Eyelling caps) isn't even a tool lol its a prog that is somewhat a wanna be to CCleaner. but i will attempt the f8

after 3 reboots. i check this

:rolleyes:

i will wait and see if it reboots at that screen. lol

okay so after i booted in safe mode.

i ran it. didn't say prog was running. but didn't do anything it just sat there. i let it sit for 25+ mins with no progress. just sitting there.

is there away to manually uninstall?

yes i do have an admin acct. but i will try the reboot. again under admin.
comodo didn't start up in safe.

but i did a little searching around. and dl the start up app. which indeed had mcafees uninstall agent on it. (which i disabled) but still says app is already running.

also i thought you couldn't add/delete progs in safe mode.?

so i redid a safeboot.

i forgot to mention on the last reboot. all the files it wanted to install(load) were inuse. uuugh.

lol mcafee is now more of an annoynce then the google redirect :suspiciou

lol mcafee is now more of an annoynce then the google redirect :suspiciou
It shows someone who is experienced, who understands that Google programs aren't all that they are meant to be :) Here's a point, Google is meant for www.google.com and that's it !!

Anyway, back to your issue. Last resort, re-install McAfee, then uninstall it again (this is last resort ;) )

haha but google.com is for searches lol?!

alright ima reinstall :blackeye: and hopefully. this will alast fix. my problem.

also. another thing that my computer does it makes a sound randomly as if its closing a program. or a box pops up (you know the warning sound.) i completely for about this since i haven't slept yet. (gotta make sure my babys okay :haha:) but i wonder what it is thats causing this because nothing pops up or shows closing.

last time it took hours for mcafee to uninstall only a small mount :\

That's not good !

Download Combofix
Lots of info on its use h e r e
Direct download h e r e

Locate the downloaded Combofix. Double click on it to run, answering any prompts along the way
Note: during Combofix scan (lasting up to 10mins) your Desktop and clock may reset (all normal)
ComboFix will also restart your computer (eventually) and then (eventually) create a log

Save this log file to be attached to a new reply
Restart back to Normal mode, and attach the Combofix log

Well, that helped. :/
I think we found the problem !

Please uninstall:
uTorrent
Limewire
Catchme
DAEMON Tools (your choice on this one, but I would
SUPERAntiSpyware (its served its purpose)

Existing conflicting programs:
McAfee UnInstaller 6.5 Demo
Symantec
Comodo Internet Security
Trend Micro

And quite a bit of a mess all over :(

Where to begin. .. Because you are right at the beginning here
Just uninstall all of the above
Run the Norton Removal tool

Maybe report back on all the errors. Which ones don't uninstall, and what not.
You know all this has happened from Limewire and uTorrent, these programs will not stop sharing your computer files, even when sharing is totally disabled (which is a contradiction) Just uninstall them. Although I'm beginning to think backup, and re-install clean , would be best (I would do this)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back