I need to retrieve my email address

By sticks57
Sep 5, 2008
  1. Heres what happened. My pc had hardware issues as well as spyware and all the goodies that came with them. I reinstalled windows after some extensive cleaning with adaware,spybot,avg. I also had to get a new pc cuz old one aint worth it. On new pc my email account has no address's as I had to set it up. I open outlook express on old machine and it wants me to set up email accounts, no addies there either. On c drive of old pc is all my earthlink progs and all other programs I had. (((How can I retrieve my email goodies from old pc???))) Thank you all in advance
  2. rf6647

rf6647 TS Maniac Posts: 829

OE on the old "c", open the address book > 'help' menu > select 'about' > examine properties > follow the path to the location for the 'address book (wab)'. Move a copy to the new computer. Use 'import' to copy the address book.

Since you re-loaded Windows, I cannot comment how/if the old address book was preserved. I would guess that an alternate username was created for purposes of recovery.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.