I only have One DVD-RW drive but my computer also shows a CD-Rom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, I built my computer about a year ago and never noticed this. Just recently I had a bunch of viruses/malware on my computer found by trendmicro housecall. It appears to have removed them but my computer just isnt the same. Also I have a D: Drive which reads as DVD-RW drive. But now I noticed I have an E: CD-Rom drive which I never had before.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. Also my games are like, tearing I guess and randomly freezing up.

Do you have any emulation software installed? like Daemon tools, alcohol 120, or any other program that installs virtual drives?

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Run HJT with no other programmes open(except notepad).Click the scan button. Have HJT fix the following, by placing a tick in the little box next to(if there).

Fix all 018 protocol entries.

Close HJT.

The above entries aren`t nasty, but should nonetheless be fixed.

Other than the above, your HJT log is clean.

You do have virtual drive software installed. It`s called poweriso.

This is probably the extra drive you can see.

You`re not supposed to post HJT logs in this forum, unless instructed to do so. I have therefore removed your HJT log attachment.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

This part of your problem:
Also my games are like, tearing I guess and randomly freezing up.
is usually an overheating gpu. Have you given the graphics card a good cleaning lately?

you guys are amazing, sorry bout the hjt attachment. no i didnt clean the gpu but i have pressurized air in my hand as i type this (one handed) also yeah i guess it is power iso, my friend said daemon tools but i knew i didnt have that. thanks all!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back