TechSpot

I only have One DVD-RW drive but my computer also shows a CD-Rom

By llainfactor
Aug 4, 2006
  1. Hey, I built my computer about a year ago and never noticed this. Just recently I had a bunch of viruses/malware on my computer found by trendmicro housecall. It appears to have removed them but my computer just isnt the same. Also I have a D: Drive which reads as DVD-RW drive. But now I noticed I have an E: CD-Rom drive which I never had before.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. Also my games are like, tearing I guess and randomly freezing up.

2. iss

iss TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,994

Do you have any emulation software installed? like Daemon tools, alcohol 120, or any other program that installs virtual drives?

3. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso TS Rookie Posts: 24,177   +19

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Run HJT with no other programmes open(except notepad).Click the scan button. Have HJT fix the following, by placing a tick in the little box next to(if there).

Fix all 018 protocol entries.

Close HJT.

The above entries aren`t nasty, but should nonetheless be fixed.

Other than the above, your HJT log is clean.

You do have virtual drive software installed. It`s called poweriso.

This is probably the extra drive you can see.

You`re not supposed to post HJT logs in this forum, unless instructed to do so. I have therefore removed your HJT log attachment.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

4. kirock

kirock TS Rookie Posts: 1,221

This part of your problem:
    is usually an overheating gpu. Have you given the graphics card a good cleaning lately?

5. llainfactor

llainfactor TS Rookie Topic Starter

you guys are amazing, sorry bout the hjt attachment. no i didnt clean the gpu but i have pressurized air in my hand as i type this (one handed) also yeah i guess it is power iso, my friend said daemon tools but i knew i didnt have that. thanks all!

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.