I quit this forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

LXIX

I'm quitting these forums, i'm sure nobody cares anyway but because <Name Removed> won't stop giving me a hard time no matter what i post i quit. This used to be a helpful forum.

Lxix, although I'm still much a of newbie to this site, I'm experienced in newsgroups, Netiquette and forums.

First and foremost, if you post on a forum/newsgroup/bbs, you need to have a bit of a thick skin. There's always one person in a crowd who will disagree with you, post something you won't like or rub you the wrong way. It's inevitable. I don't know <Name Removed> that well yet but perhaps he was just trying to be helpful, or perhaps his style rubs you the wrong way or perhaps he likes to make persons out to be stupid. I don't know but you can't let one person get you down. I recently had several members criticize me over my suggestion to start a sub-forum for professionals. They are hobbyists and found the idea "elitist". I tried to explain it but it only made it worse. So I gave up arguing, as well, Julio closed the thread. I just let it go. You have to be that way if you post on a forum, regardless of the topic. Not everyone's going to like you or what you say. That's just the way a forum works.

All I'm saying is, if one person makes you quit a forum, you're a little thin skinned. Toughen up a bit.

not that i can't take it, i had like a real rough day trying to do something and i ask for help and all i get is some bs response telling me what to do before i post even if i already did that, acting as if i was stupid like they were trying to tell me to start the car before i try to drive it. thaks for the /squelch because i'll use it.

I'm sorry to hear that you are no longer going to be hanging around. I hope you learned a lot while you were here.

Just remember this is a public forum with over 80,000 members. It's almost impossible to get along with everyone.

I hope you change your mind, and want to return, but we cannot force you to.

Cause and Effect......

Sometimes if a person doesn't give enough information when they post a problem, the person who replies starts at the beginning, and quite correctly,(from a tactical standpoint), proceeds on the assumption that the poster knows nothing. This may give the impression that you're being talked down to. The responder doesn't know exactly what you know, and rather than try to be a mind reader, gives you the whole story. I seem to have a "literary style" that some people have interpreted as hostile or harsh when in some cases the post wasn't intended to be. No, I'm not an angel and sometimes it is intentional. There are many of us who are rather abrupt, and possibly even rude. It's probably easier on your head to ignore some things, and just take away the knowledge and assistance offered. Separate the wheat from the chaff, as it were.
Keep in mind too, that a bad day on your part can heighten your sensitivity, thin out your skin, so to speak.

Lol, you'd be surprised the number of times even I get frustrated about a computer that just wouldn't boot, just to find out that I didn't flick the switch at the wall.....

Eat some humble pie, its good for you.

Yup. I built my whole computer twice after a major upgrade before realizing that I had forgotten to put the CPU in the socket.\

Don't get mad just because one person takes you for a noob.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back