I saw this MS recommends uninstalling Windows 7 Security Update 2823324

The reports of the issue only come out of Brazil. But they are worried it may be more widespread, so they want people to uninstall it just to be safe.

Yea, saw that too - - the day AFTER it got installed, so I am exposed.

I typically wait a week for things to get sorted out, but this time I got caught.

My system is Win/7 Pro 64bit English and the exposure is 32bit Brazilian (aka Portuguese).

I had installed the update and did not see any side effects. However after researching a bit, I noticed that MS had pulled the update from their servers and recommended people uninstall the update. I decided to comply, to be on the safe side.

Side note, during my search on the topic;
  • I found a submission by Kaspersky stating their anti-virus failed to start on several systems with the update installed.
  • A few more submissions from various locations stating specific apps failed to load. Windows Disk De-fragment being one of them.

Btw: it took F O R E V E R to uninstall this bugger - -
went to watch the noon-day news to keep my bloom'n hands off the system :)

In unprecedented move, Microsoft releases downloadable repair CD for users with Win7 systems bricked by MS13-036/KB 2823324 patch

If your machine comes up with blue screens of death (BSODs) after installing Microsoft's ill-fated KB 2823324/MS13-036 patch, Microsoft has just made available a download that will get your system going again. The CD image is only designed to bring back PCs that absolutely cannot be booted because of KB 2823324. It does not function as a general-purpose Windows 7 System Repair Disk.http://www.infoworld.com/t/microsof...s-repair-disk-botched-kb-2823324-patch-216786

Back