I spent all my money on this with no hope

dalonelyking

I have a dell deminsion 8300 desktop with windows xp sp3 2002 home edition with a intel pentium 4, 2.6ghz, 4 gb of ram a 300 w power supply, I currently have a dieing nvidia gforce fx 5200 or 5300 and I recently bought a his agp radeon ifan native hd 4350 video card and I dont even get a post screen I have updated my bios to rev. A07 still nothing I have even tryed updating drivers I am so hoping that it is compatible

Have you set the BIOS to use the AGP slot as your graphical interface. If the BIOS is set to IGP, then it will never look for graphics in the AGP slot.

I was using a Dell Dimension 8300 2 years ago, and I bought an HIS IceQ HD 4670 AGP card for it, which is still the best AGP card available, if I'm not mistaken. It worked great for DX9 games at medium resolutions and let me keep using the Dell a little longer. As cliffordcooley said, it should see the card after setting BIOS to AGP video, if still no go, try cleaning the AGP slot and video card contacts (after powering down!). Old slots which were unused often accumulate a buildup of dust, and cleaning it or even just re-seating the card a couple times often makes it work. BTW, my 8300 ran ungodly hot with the HD 4670, because of the stupid clamshell case with just one fan for everything, so I cut a 4.5" hole in the side so I could blow a 120mm fan towards the video card. That brought my temps down to acceptable levels. Many others simply ran theirs with the clamshell partially open and a small table fan pointed into it. I also looked into moving the guts into a better case, but the motherboard layout is proprietary and the screw holes won't line up, and the front panel connector is unique to Dell as well. It will, however, accept a standard ATX power supply, so I upgraded to a 650 watt (maybe part of your problem is the OEM 300w PSU?). Anyway, good luck, and keep that old hardware cool whatever it takes.

The video card I am running the dieing nvidia geforce fx is a agp video card I dont have a built in video card my bios is a pheonix rev A07 and I didnt see anything about video in the bios so in order to install the new one I have to remove the dieing one and I get no post or anything I upgraded my power supply to 300 w like the video card said I meet all the requirements and still nothing

I will check the 4 led but I dont have a nother computer to test the video card I bought it from newegg so its should be brand new

Ok so I get all green on the 4 leds the led letter are a, b, c, and d and when I turn my system on the b and c are green and a and d are orange then a turns green then after a sec the d turns green also but it takes a few secs like 5 to 10 secs

My monitor stays asleep basically and dont recognize there is a input like when your system goes into a hybernation the power light on the monitor goes orange <origanlly when its on it will be blue for mine>

I dont know if this is important but my dieing video card has 2 gaps in the connector while the new one has only one gap mind I tell you they both fit in the agp slot its just the one missing gap on the new one is not the one that is needed for the fit

That's probably normal for the delay. I don't remember how mine was. All green light mean normal. How is your monitor connected? Looks like the HIS card has HDMI, DVI, and VGA. Have you tried different connection?

I dont know if this is important but my dieing video card has 2 gaps in the connector while the new one has only one gap mind I tell you they both fit in the agp slot its just the one missing gap on the new one is not the one that is needed for the fit
Those gaps are slot keys for voltage specifications that the slot/card are designed for. AGP cards are backward and forward compatible within limits.

Basically if your card fits the slot there is no problem with it being compatible.

Do you have a way to check a different port on the card?
Edit: Ahh looks like Rabbit and myself are wondering the same thing.

No I have one agp slot and 4 pci slots my other computer only takes a pci-e card so I cant test it and on the new video card the fan turns on on it
I spent 50 bucks on this card and 50 on my ram and 40 on my power supply I dont know what to do the card should have worked it was brand new

Yes I have tryed all the conectors right now I am using the dvi on my nvidia and it works also my power supply is a da series 300w atx power supply dii diablotek

Any possibility the Slot got damaged? If not, is there any chance you can test the card on another Desktop? That way it's easier to assess if it's either a fault or the card?

Yes my monitor accepts vga and dvi and I have tryed both vga and dvi on this monitor and I have tryed the hdmi on a compatable tv with hdmi in and still the same thing

So I guess my new video card is a 1.5v and no I dont have another agp slot computer to test it on my other computer is a pci-e

Yes and it runs like a beast like it runs nice

Maybe a local computer store can test it for you? Since you purchased the card recently, you're probably still covered by the warranty.

Back