I think I need a new processor -- low FPS in Rift

Hello, I'm a guy who knows very little about such things as processors and graphic cards. Recently I started playing Rift and I'm playing with very low FPS and it's pretty annoying. I think the problem is my processor although I'm now quite sure. Please I need all the help I can get. I would like to know; what do I have to change and what should I change it to so I can play with fine FPS?

System
Processor: Intel(R) Celeron(R) E3200 @2.40GHz 2.40 GHz
RAM: 4,00 GB
64-bit
graphic card: NVIDIA GeForce G210

thanks for the help guys.

Well, from what i see, your CPU and GPU are pretty weak for RIFT. What are you playing on ? A laptop or desktop. Have you tried lowering the settings? I personally play rift with ultra settings with my Radeon HD 6950 and Phenom II x4 965 3.4gh on stock settings and i only get around 45-50 fps. I would recommend upgrading both your CPU and GPU .

What Blkfx1 said; both GPU and CPU are your issue. How old is your system? Have you considered a new build? If so, what can you budget?

I'm not playing on a laptop, I have lowered settings quite a bit, I would like to make it a little bit nicer than it is right now, it's still a bot unsmooth. About the budget part , it doesn't have to be really cheap aslong as it's good quality.

Well since your in a desktop, What type of MOBO are you using? since u pretty much have to upgrade both your GPU and CPU then your board most likely will have to be changed aswell. Give us a list of all of your system specs.

Back