TechSpot

I think I ruined my motherboard

By dylan
Nov 8, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. I was putting together my first build and accidently touched my motherboard while the psu was on and the cpu fan span for a moment, all components of the computer were also attached at this time... sheer terror. Later when I tried to start my computer I also realized one of the PCI-E cords (power supply) for my graphics card wasnt in far enough. I cant get monitor recognition of the computer or a beep code. What could I have ruined, the mobo, cpu, graphics card, others?? HELP

PS: I was able to get monitor recognition earlier when I used the screwdriver jump test and it looked fine

2. allman71

allman71 TS Rookie

I would unplug and reset everything and see if that would take care of the problem.

3. Hyv567

Hyv567 TS Rookie

Dear Dylan,

By touching your motherboard it wont stop.
    1# try to tap Caps lock and see if there's a spotting light. if not most of the time your RAM is not good enough plugged in
    2# Try to Re-place your RAM cards.
    3# Try to Replace you hole motherboard :( <------ dont worry is isnt that hard.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.