I think my motherboard is dead

Exabyte

I think my motherboard is dead but I wanna know for sure so I can get a new one. Every Time I go to press the power button, the PC will refuse to boot into Windows, no fans are running, no light, and not even the PSU Fan is running, only thing that is on is the motherboard light.

I thought the wires on the panel were in the incorrect order, so I downloaded a manual of the motherboard online, luckily it had pages about the panel too, so I put them all in their correct order, and it still wont start.

I thought it would just be the power supply so I plugged in a different one, still nothing. I have also tried taking out the CMOS battery and putting it back in again but it still didn’t work.

I want to know if it isn’t just the motherboard or the PSU.

This is a new build or a re-build using used parts? Did you try shorting the start pins on the front header with a small flat blade screwdriver? You can do that instead of relying on case wiring. PSU 24 connector all the way down and clipped (sometimes you have to grab underneath the motherboard to shove those big connectors on). 8 pin power connector near the CPU on and clipped? Graphics card (If you used one) has it's PCIe power hooked up too?

Failing all that, method to troubleshoot is to haul it out of the case and test motherboard, 1 stick of RAM, graphics (If required), CPU/cooler only and try to get it to power on self test (POST). No drives, no usb or add on cards. If you try to reset the CMOS there might be more of a procedure then just pulling the battery. You might have to short 2 pins too nearby as outlined in the manual.

This is a new build or a re-build using used parts? Did you try shorting the start pins on the front header with a small flat blade screwdriver? You can do that instead of relying on case wiring. PSU 24 connector all the way down and clipped (sometimes you have to grab underneath the motherboard to shove those big connectors on). 8 pin power connector near the CPU on and clipped? Graphics card (If you used one) has it's PCIe power hooked up too?

Failing all that, method to troubleshoot is to haul it out of the case and test motherboard, 1 stick of RAM, graphics (If required), CPU/cooler only and try to get it to power on self test (POST). No drives, no usb or add on cards. If you try to reset the CMOS there might be more of a procedure then just pulling the battery. You might have to short 2 pins too nearby as outlined in the manual.
It’s a re-build using used parts. I did what you mentioned, I tried turning it on with the screwdriver, andit didn’t turn on, I got no spark ( if there was even suppose to be one ) my PSU connector is in all the way, it’s even clipped too. 4-pin CPU Connector is in too. Graphics card Is In I think? No pins are sticking out so I think it’s in, External power is also hooked up to it too.

Ok I was going to do the other thing but I found one of those CLRTC had no protector things like the jumpers are. I had it on my other computer’s HDD LED port to protect it. So I moved it over into the CLTRC slots, pressed the power button and worked again. Sometimes I am not thinking properly.

Thanks for the advice, if it does really happen I will use it later.

Back