TechSpot

I Want a Free Antivirus software program

By yyiiyyii
Feb 28, 2007
  1. I Want a Free Antivirus software program, so if u know of one please ost a url to it here, also AVG is no long free so dont post urls to it

2. ambivolent

ambivolent TS Rookie Posts: 67

since when is avg no longer free i just downloaded it on a back up machine not even 2 days ago

3. mailpup

mailpup TS Special Forces Posts: 6,925   +347

Okay, I won't post a link to AVG but version 7.1 is no longer supported because there is a new free version 7.5.

Avast is very good free anti-virus. Click here.

4. ambivolent

ambivolent TS Rookie Posts: 67

well i don't know where he went to download AVG but I'm at the download free page and staring right at the download for free link

5. mailpup

mailpup TS Special Forces Posts: 6,925   +347

Well, I agree. I went to AVG and found the same thing. That's why I mentioned the free 7.5 version. The last time AVG came out with a new free version and discontinued support of an older version, a couple of posters came here with the same misinterpretation. They thought there was no more free AVG too.

6. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso TS Rookie Posts: 24,177   +19

I don`t know where you got your mis-information from, but it`s completely wrong.

AVG free antivirus is still available. It`s just a new version 7.5, the old version 7.1 has been dicontinued and no longer has any support from Grisoft.

Here`s a list of good free security programmes I recommend, including links.

AVG free or Avast antivirus programmes.

Zonealarm or Kerio free firewall programmes.

Spybot Search & Destroy.

Ad-Aware se personal.

Spyware Blaster.

AVG Antispyware.

Ccleaner.

Regards Howard :)

7. halo71

halo71 TS Rookie Posts: 1,090

Maybe his search button doesn't work either! geezz....

8. Tedster

Tedster Techspot old timer..... Posts: 6,000   +15

If you are a US Department of Defense employee, you can LEGALLY download several different anti-virus for use on a home system through the government home-use program. Army personnel can access this software and more under their AKO accounts.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.