I Want a Free Antivirus software program

By yyiiyyii
Feb 28, 2007
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I Want a Free Antivirus software program, so if u know of one please ost a url to it here, also AVG is no long free so dont post urls to it
  2. ambivolent

ambivolent Newcomer, in training Posts: 80

since when is avg no longer free i just downloaded it on a back up machine not even 2 days ago
  3. mailpup

mailpup TS Special Forces Posts: 8,417   +215

Okay, I won't post a link to AVG but version 7.1 is no longer supported because there is a new free version 7.5.

Avast is very good free anti-virus. Click here.
  4. ambivolent

ambivolent Newcomer, in training Posts: 80

well i don't know where he went to download AVG but I'm at the download free page and staring right at the download for free link
  5. mailpup

mailpup TS Special Forces Posts: 8,417   +215

Well, I agree. I went to AVG and found the same thing. That's why I mentioned the free 7.5 version. The last time AVG came out with a new free version and discontinued support of an older version, a couple of posters came here with the same misinterpretation. They thought there was no more free AVG too.
  6. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso Newcomer, in training Posts: 25,948   +19

I don`t know where you got your mis-information from, but it`s completely wrong.

AVG free antivirus is still available. It`s just a new version 7.5, the old version 7.1 has been dicontinued and no longer has any support from Grisoft.

Here`s a list of good free security programmes I recommend, including links.

AVG free or Avast antivirus programmes.

Zonealarm or Kerio free firewall programmes.

Spybot Search & Destroy.

Ad-Aware se personal.

Spyware Blaster.

AVG Antispyware.

Ccleaner.

Regards Howard :)
  7. halo71

halo71 Newcomer, in training Posts: 1,289

Maybe his search button doesn't work either! geezz....
  8. Tedster

Tedster Techspot old timer..... Posts: 10,074   +13

If you are a US Department of Defense employee, you can LEGALLY download several different anti-virus for use on a home system through the government home-use program. Army personnel can access this software and more under their AKO accounts.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.