TechSpot

I want to build the ultimate computer with unlimited funds

By Edwin Phate
Oct 1, 2008
  1. tuant

tuant TS Booster Posts: 201

That's great, but it seems a little excessive. Just keep in mind that you will never be able to have the ultimate computer. because tomorrow it'll be obsolete.

Man, 82' monitor is nice :)

2. Edwin Phate

Edwin Phate TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 140

well ultimate computer of today then.

3. mitomobo

mitomobo TS Rookie Posts: 20

it's the ultimate pc for today only..tomorrow is someone else pc

4. Habylab

Habylab TS Rookie Posts: 263

My friend got one the other day. He had a quad-core 4gb of ram and 1tb harddrive.

5. Rage_3K_Moiz

Rage_3K_Moiz Sith Lord Posts: 5,431   +28

For an "ultimate" computer, I'm surprised the parts you've chosen aren't so "ultimate". FYI, the Skulltrail only accepts FB-DIMMs and the cooler you've chosen is way overpriced.

Anyways, for that kind of PC, I'd go with two HD 4870 X2s, a single QX9770, an X48 motherboard like the ASUS P5E3 or the DFI LanParty DK X48-T2RS, 8GB of 1600MHz DDR3 RAM, two WD6400AAKS drives in RAID for general storage along with two WD VelociRaptor drives for games and the OS, a Cooler Master Stacker or a Thermaltake Armor case, a Thermalright 120-Ultra eXtreme or Tuniq Tower 120 CPU cooler, Panaflo L1A fans for everything and a PC Power & Cooling Turbo-Cool 1200W PSU.

6. Opellio88

Opellio88 TS Rookie

Unlimited funds?!.... Must be nice.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.