TechSpot

I want to build the ultimate computer with unlimited funds

By Edwin Phate
Oct 1, 2008
  1. tuant

tuant TS Enthusiast Posts: 256

That's great, but it seems a little excessive. Just keep in mind that you will never be able to have the ultimate computer. because tomorrow it'll be obsolete.

Man, 82' monitor is nice :)

2. Edwin Phate

Edwin Phate TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 180

well ultimate computer of today then.

3. mitomobo

mitomobo TS Rookie Posts: 26

it's the ultimate pc for today only..tomorrow is someone else pc

4. Habylab

Habylab TS Rookie Posts: 307

My friend got one the other day. He had a quad-core 4gb of ram and 1tb harddrive.

5. Rage_3K_Moiz

Rage_3K_Moiz Sith Lord Posts: 7,286   +24

For an "ultimate" computer, I'm surprised the parts you've chosen aren't so "ultimate". FYI, the Skulltrail only accepts FB-DIMMs and the cooler you've chosen is way overpriced.

Anyways, for that kind of PC, I'd go with two HD 4870 X2s, a single QX9770, an X48 motherboard like the ASUS P5E3 or the DFI LanParty DK X48-T2RS, 8GB of 1600MHz DDR3 RAM, two WD6400AAKS drives in RAID for general storage along with two WD VelociRaptor drives for games and the OS, a Cooler Master Stacker or a Thermaltake Armor case, a Thermalright 120-Ultra eXtreme or Tuniq Tower 120 CPU cooler, Panaflo L1A fans for everything and a PC Power & Cooling Turbo-Cool 1200W PSU.

6. Opellio88

Opellio88 TS Rookie Posts: 17

Unlimited funds?!.... Must be nice.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.