TechSpot

I want to learn how to install Win XP Pro on new hard drive

By Ancelot327
Feb 13, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Hi guys, i want to know some info about installing operating system.

I have a desktop Dell, the hard drive got screwed and i had to buy a new one. I added the new hard drive. Is a WD SATA 320 GB, I downloaded Win xp pro sp3 Iso. and i burn it into a cd, i burn it as data disc, dunno if that was the right thing. I think iso means image, and i used Roxio program to burn it. When i turn on the PC
    DELL image appears as loading, in that screen theres two options at the top right screen which are 1. Setup 2. Boot Menu. Which should i press? My first attemp was i didnt choose any of those i just let it load and then i inserted the cd, nothing happened. Someting appeared on the screen "Keyboard failure:
    Drive 1 not found: Serial ATA, SATA-2 Strike F1 to continue, F2 to run setup utility.
    Any help will be appreciated, im not an expert on Pc i just want to fix it and save 200$ on a programer. An sorry for my english. thanks.

2. mailpup

mailpup TS Special Forces Posts: 8,506   +237

Warez is not supported by TechSpot.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.