TechSpot

I want to play some games without CDs...

By haloman
Feb 21, 2008
  1. Is there a way to do this with out downloading a no CD patch?

Can I copy the game folder to a empty CD to get it working?

Help is greatly appreciated!

2. snacks

snacks TS Enthusiast Posts: 176

If you don't to use a CD, why would you put the game files onto a CD anyway? Doesn't that defeat the purpose?

Some games have an official no CD patch that won't interfere with the game, but probably not too many. No-CD cracks are not illegal by themselves as long as you legally own the game, but might interfere with online play.

3. haloman

haloman TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 73

do you not understand?

I LOST THE FREAKING CDS

4. Matthew

Matthew TechSpot Staff Posts: 6,077   +84 Staff Member

Create a .iso image of the game's disk on your HDD and use a program like Microsoft's Virtual CD-ROM Control Panel to mount the .iso to a virtual drive.

*Edit*

If you lost the disks then I dunno sorry. You might want to calm down a little bit, you didn't specifiy that you LOST anything in your initial post. We are trying to HELP YOU, for FREE, with our own SPARE TIME.

Even if there were a misunderstanding there's no reason to be that way about it.

5. snacks

snacks TS Enthusiast Posts: 176

There was no misunderstanding, I interpreted your post exactly how it read. You didn't specify losing anything at all, and it's not like this is a rare question.

6. smu122

smu122 TS Rookie Posts: 70

the only way would be to mount an iso image or a cd patch, which u dont want to use. =\

7. Didou

Didou Bowtie extraordinair! Posts: 5,899

Contact the game manufacturer to see if you can get replacement CDs. Any other means of getting those CDs are borderline warezing & will not be discussed here so this thread is closed.

haloman the people posting here are trying to help you. Have a week off & come back when you can appreciate the help people offer.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.