I want to use Windows Disk Clean up utility but..

Status
Not open for further replies.

dbonniwell

I like to do what I can to keep my system running smoothly
Presently I use CCleaner and ATF to trash unwanted files.
However
The Windows Disk Clean up utility says I can increase my storage capacity by 80Gig.
I am a bit concerned about using Disk Clean up because it may get rid of something I need. I know how to use the utility but how should I proceed without screwing up my system. Can someone who know and uses this utility give me some guidance on how to best approach this? The utility does not tell you exactly what you are deleting.
I am using Vista
One of the reasons why I am doing this is because I have some pretty long boot up times. I am doing everything I can to speed things up.
Thanks

I will do my best to translate the japanese vista

Suspended/Paused File Cleaner @ 4Gig

Former Windows Installation @ 72.1 Gig (I did have XP Pro on this mother board before but I thought I wiped it clean)

Temporaly Windows Intall Files @ 3.8Gig

The others do not go over 1MB, so i do not list them unless you really want to know.

thanks for your help in advance

This KB article documents usage to remove old Windows folder ... using disk cleanup tool.

Suspended file cleaner -- maybe it is pointing to disk cleanup itself - just a guess.

If stable on this load (for over a week), no need to keep "install" folders. If you delete "old Windows" there is nothing to rollback to.

And no -- I have not used this utility. Micro$oft KB's may cite other examples of usage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back