I want to...

By AzureOctive
Apr 28, 2008
  1. I want to play World of Warcraft on the highest settings without slowdown from my computer, play the Sims 2 on it's highest settings and potentially play Sims 3 next year... Also would like to actually play Black and White 2. Should I invest in a 32 or 64 bit version of windows? Which will have better driver support? I know that windows XP 64 version is crap for drivers... Where is the best investment?

What kind of graphics cards should I be looking at?

I got horribly boned on a Geforce 7900 GTX graphics card before and don't want to make the same mistakes twice
  2. Whiffen

Whiffen TS Rookie Posts: 235

3. TL93

TL93 TS Rookie Posts: 52

My ATi Radeon 9250 256MB PCI ran The Sims 2 at its highest [without edge smoothing]. No lag except when lots of objects or sims in the place where the camera is. I'd keep it if it ran Crysis but no it doesn't have to upgrade to a X1550 PRO PCI =(

Anyways, the 8800 GT or the 9600 GT will serve you well =D
  4. AzureOctive

AzureOctive TS Rookie Topic Starter

so windows hasn't given up on xp 64 bit version? Is this the future or will vista 64 bit version be the better investment?
  5. Whiffen

Whiffen TS Rookie Posts: 235

XP would probably be a better buy for now. Eventually we will all be shoved to Vista but it still has a few bugs to work out. Vista isn't all that bad though, its a bit slower and has less driver support but its getting better.
  6. nickc

nickc TechSpot Paladin Posts: 923   +11

vista 64 bit version has better driver support than XP 64 will ever.
  7. AzureOctive

AzureOctive TS Rookie Topic Starter

haha good, 'cause I just purchased Windows Vista Ultimate :p took care of my 32 or 64 bit problem :D Ultimate is AC/DC so to speak
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.