i will murder whoever created SURFSIDEKICK

Status
Not open for further replies.

ragez0r

ok.. i gues u know what i got
i tried norton to remove it and ad-aware se
no it wont go away, i tried the removal instructions but i cannt delete the surfsidekick dir in program files... or this wierd mv2sl9f7l.dll in the system32 dir...i tried hijack this.. every time i remove it.. it comes back...

is there any spyware prog thatll remove it for me ?

thank u so much

Go HERE and follow the instructions for removing surfsidekick.

Then, go and read this thread HERE.

Post a fresh HJT log into this thread, after doing the above.

Regards Howard :)

thanks, i did the uninstall, only had 1 thing left to remove from hijack this, but the popups still comin... im going nuts.. the folder is gone tho...

umm i dunno how to attach files and u dont like it when i paste the log.. so .. heres a link

my hijackthis log

Actually the second link that Howard sent you to has the instructions on how to post a HiJack-This log. HERE

Then start your new posting at TechSpot by clicking on New Thread
(or use Post Reply in an existing thread).
Scroll down until you see a button Manage Attachments. Click on that and a popup-window opens.
Click on the Browse button, find the HijackThis.txt on your PC and doubleclick on it.
Now click on the Upload button in the popup. When done, click on the Close this window button.
Finish your message-text, then click on Submit Message.

Have you tried spybot S&D? This comes with a program called teatimer which will stop treats in real time.

Regards,

Korrupt

wat u mean itll just act as a popup blocker ? or will it remove it completely ?

thanks btw

sorry for posting it badly..but the link is still good.. so plz.. help me anyway u can.. anyone

Download the Pocket Killbox programme from HERE. Extract it, but don`t run it yet.

You might want to copy and paste these instructions into a notepad file. Then you can have the file open in safe mode, so you can follow the instructions easier.

Boot into safe mode. See how HERE. http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/tutorial61.html

Turn off system restore.(XP/ME only) See how HERE. http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/tutorial56.html

In Windows Explorer, turn on "Show all files and folders, including hidden and system". See how HERE. http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/tutorial62.html

Go to add remove programmes in your control panel and uninstall anything to do with(if there).

ToolBar888
Network Monitor

Close control panel.

Open your task manager, by holding down the ctrl and alt keys and pressing the delete key.

Click on the processes tab and end process for(if there).

FireDaemon.exe
winsecure.exe
netmon.exe

Close task manager.

Run HJT with no other programmes open(except notepad).Click the scan button. Have HJT fix the following, by placing a tick in the little box next to(if there).

O8 - Extra context menu item: &MyToolBar Search - res://C:\Program Files\ToolBar888\MyToolBar.dll/MENUSEARCH.HTM

O8 - Extra context menu item: Add to AMV Convert Tool... - C:\Program Files\MP3 Player Utilities 4.00\AMVConverter\grab.html

O8 - Extra context menu item: Add to Media Manager... - C:\Program Files\MP3 Player Utilities 4.00\MediaManager\grab.html

O16 - DPF: {A1426AC5-8CE5-4A00-B71E-011D35709AC6} - http://advnt01.com/dialer/int_ver34.CAB

O20 - Winlogon Notify: OptimalLayout - C:\WINDOWS\system32\c200lcdm1f0a.dll

Click on the fix checked button.

Close HJT.

Locate and delete the following bold files and/or directories(if there).

C:\Program Files\ToolBar888
C:\Program Files\Network Monitor\netmon.exe

Run the killbox.exe file. When it loads type the full path to the file you would like to delete in the field and check the delete file on reboot button. press the Delete File button (looks like a red circle with a white X). It will prompt you to reboot, select no until you have finished inputting the files you want to delete, only then allow it to reboot and hopefully your files will now be deleted.

These are the filepaths you need to enter into killbox.

C:\WINDOWS\system32\c200lcdm1f0a.dll

C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\svchost.exe

C:\WINDOWS\security\FireDaemon.exe

C:\WINDOWS\security\winsecure.exe

Once your system has rebooted, turn system restore back on and post a fresh HJT log. See HERE for instructions.

did all that, but the popups continue.. however, the surfsidekick 3 folder has vanished, couldnt find it when i wanted to delete it...

well heres the hijack log

It looks like you have the Look2me infection.

I want you to go HERE and follow the instructions exactly.

Then, post a fresh HJT log.

after you get rid of it, to prevent tis return, download either bitdefender 9, for scanning purposes or zone alarm fire wall ffor its firewall, i have bitdefender 9 internet security and the free zone alarm firewall and i have never had a spyware, adware, grayware or any other problem since installing them

yeah i had zone alarm once.. sorry to say i just.. dislike it so much.. it keeps eating up my memory... never could quite figure out why.. but maybe its improoved, ill give it a go, for now, ill try the new infection.. let yall know how it goes.. thank you :)

i think it worked, .. for 30 min.. nothing.. still want my hijack this log.... ?

anyhow.. thank u so much for your patience and help

im so happy i got rid of this

take care

You might want to copy and paste these instructions into a notepad file. Then you can have the file open in safe mode, so you can follow the instructions easier.

Boot into safe mode. See how HERE. http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/tutorial61.html

Turn off system restore.(XP/ME only) See how HERE. http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/tutorial56.html

In Windows Explorer, turn on "Show all files and folders, including hidden and system". See how HERE. http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/tutorial62.html

Click start/run and type services.msc into the run box and press the enter key.

When the window appears, maximise it. Double click on the following services(if there) and select stop if they are running. Set the startup type to disabled. Click apply/ok for each service you disable.

winsecure

close the services window.

Open your task manager, by holding down the ctrl and alt keys and pressing the delete key.

Click on the processes tab and end process for(if there).

FireDaemon.exe

Close task manager.

Run HJT with no other programmes open(except notepad).Click the scan button. Have HJT fix the following, by placing a tick in the little box next to(if there).

O23 - Service: FireDaemon Service: winsecure (winsecure) - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\security\FireDaemon.exe (file missing)

Click on the fix checked button.

Close HJT.

Locate and delete the following bold files and/or directories(if there).

C:\WINDOWS\security\FireDaemon.exe

Reboot into normal mode and turn system restore back on.

Other than the above, your HJT log is clean.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back