Ialmnt5.sys and ialmdev5.DLL Bluescreen Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnnyDollar

Hi I was playing spore, just bought it, and i had been playing it for about 2-3 hours when it suddenly crashed and gave me a blue screen and gave me the error ialmnt5.sys page_fault_in_nonpaged_area, i didn't know what this meant so i just restarted and looked it up. i didn't really understand what it meant but i read somewhere it could be a driver problem, since i previously had a 7600gt (don't any more just stock chip) i thought maybe there were some drivers still on the computer that were messing with it while i played so i did a driver clean. Before i had done that Spore would open and crash before i even got to the menu. Now it opened and let me play for about 10 minutes before it crashed a second time and gave me the blue screen error ialmdev5.DLL with the same nonpaged_area thing. I tried to update my integrated chip but it wouldn't let me, i know its not a good system but i know it can run it, it wasn't having any problems worded perfectly with no lag. I have a Dell Dimension DIMM 4700 the only part of the computer that is still a dell component is the motherboard, i bought new RAM 1.75 gigs of it (strange number i know) a new 320gig hard drive new P4 3.2 Ghz processor and new X-fi sound card and a new power supply(getting new 8800GTS 512MB soon :D. I should say i recently updated the BIOS after a really long time of not having it updated, the same day it crashed, i'm not sure if this is the reason but i thought i'd mention it because it is a strange coincidence.

heres my DXdiag not sure if it will help but thought i'd throw it in there

ill post it in second post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back