Ialmrnt5 display driver

Hey there,

So recently I bought the Cataclysm expansion for World of Warcraft and things were fairly smooth to start off, but since about 5 days ago, I've been getting frequent freezing of the game, causing the screen to distort and the size / colours to change. I then get the dialogue saying that the driver has stopped working properly once I restart. Sometimes I can log back in and if I take it slowly / move to a different area, it calms down and I can go back to what I was doing, but usually I get stuck in one spot and the error occurs upon login of a certain character.

I've had these issues in the past, probably for about 1.5 years now, but only once every couple of months, it was never something that happened every time I login or every 30 minutes. This is very frustrating, is there anyone who can give me some advice? Cheers :)

I then get the dialogue saying that the driver has stopped working properly once I restart.
Do you mean the graphics driver? If you haven't already, try uninstalling the old graphics driver and install the most recent available for your graphics card.

The words "ialmrnt5 display" are the key words here. You left them out in your original post. The display driver is the graphics driver. Try what I suggested. When you uninstall, uninstall through Add or Remove Programs (XP) or Programs and Features (Vista, Windows 7).

Ah okay, I'll try that. What about reinstalling it? I'm lost with that bit, not a computer-wise person at all :-(

EDIT- Or rather, installing the newest version.

Is this a laptop? If so, I would go to the laptop manufacturer's website to locate the most recent graphics driver available for your model. Download the driver. If it happens to be a zip file, unzip it first.

To install a driver you can double click on the file or execute it through the Run box in the Start menu.

It's a Dell Dimension 3100 Desktop - I've been on the website and found the updates - the one on there is 6.14.10.4543 but I have already got 6.14.10.4764 installed. Not sure what to do here :/

Basically, this morning I had (I think) the 4410 version installed. I asked the tech support on the WoW forums and they gave me a link leading to this driver (4764), or so I believe as I could only find the 4543 on the Dell website.

You should be able to get the precise drivers you need by using the Dell service tag number found on your PC at the support section of Dell's website.

I do the same thing, and yeah it comes up with the 4543 update which I've tried before and nothing worked. Oh well. I think short of calling Dell Support, I'm going to need to get a new PC, this one is on its last legs.

Back