TechSpot

ialmrnt5 driver help please?

By piercedpixie
Feb 13, 2006
  1. Hi, I am not brilliant with computers but bear with me.
    I have a problem with my computer switching off randomly while putting cds onto my new mp3 player (no new software-so is this an over heating problem?)

Also, recently, I have been told by my computer/microsoft update, to update my graphics driver...intel(R) 82830M

I did, now every now and then, i get a blue screen, with error message reading that there is a problem with ialmrnt5
    and that the device driver got stuck in an infinite loop?!
    and an error message 0x000000EA

I have a toshiba sattellite 3000 series

i don'tknow what else you may need to know

i think this graphics driver is being discontinued and not updatable any more though...this is worrying
    please help?

2. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso TS Rookie Posts: 24,177   +19

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

It could be an overheating problem, laptops are very sensitive to heat. Check your system temperatures, and make sure your system isn`t full of dust etc.

Go to your laptop manufacturers website, and download a different version of your graphics drivers.

Uninstall your current graphics drivers, and then reinstall with the downloaded drivers. See if that helps.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

3. piercedpixie

piercedpixie TS Rookie Topic Starter

yhanks for replying!
    i tried that...but i can't find the right download...dont think i know enough to choose the right one!
    also, doesnt the driver need to be by intel...as the graphics chip set is from them? have i got that wrong?
    x

4. howard_hopkinso

Can you give us the exact model of your Toshiba?

Or go HERE and input the details of your laptop.

Regards Howard :)

5. piercedpixie

thankyou kindly! do i need the chip set utility or display driver? and how do i know if i need any of the other stuff listed there?
    also, is that an upgrade or a new driver???
    (its a sattellite 3000-x4)

6. howard_hopkinso

If I was you, I`d download the chipset drivers as well, as the display driver.

7. piercedpixie

also, if you was me...would you uninstall...the old driver...before running these downloads or not?
    not that i ihave little idea of what i am doing!

8. howard_hopkinso

Yes I`d deffinitely recommend you to uninstall the old display driver first. Don`t uninstall the old chipset drivers though.

9. piercedpixie

promise this is the last question, at least till i do summat stupid and kill my laptop...how do i uninstall? thru add/remove programs?
    thankyou soooo much
    xxx :p

10. howard_hopkinso

Yes uninstall through add remove programmes.

Then, reboot your computer. You`ll probably see the found new hardware wizard. Just cancel it, and install the new drivers, and reboot your system. Then readjust your screen resolution, if you need to.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.