IBM NetVista Ethernet issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Net Vista 8305-QCU, Just reinstalled XP home. I can see the ethernet controller in device mgr. but it is not installed. The wIizard is not successful either. Any suggestions?

What do you see when you look in Device Manager... any red, yellow, gray, or black flags? (Start->Control Panel->System->Hardware->Device Manager...
If you have any flags, it is likely that you need to install a driver for that ethernet device. If you do not know the driver, it is available on www.lenovo.com using the seven digit type number . Just download and install it, then run Windows Update. I realize you cannot run Windows Update unless your ethernet works...
but if it is not a driver, then perhaps you will need to install a new ethernet card...l they run $5 to $12 on eBay, or about $21 to $30 in your local store... the store ethernet cards are good because they come with a driver disk.

To start this process, I would use another computer to download all the possible drivers from Lenovo and Intel... The Lenovo site will give you the complete configuration of your computer if you enter the model information from the label on the computer.

NetVista Ethernet

In Device Manager, All items under Other Devices show yellow, Ethernet Controller, Multi Med Audio, etc. The Ethernet is on the mother board. Should I go ahead and disable it and get a seperate card?

You're just missing the drivers.. Go to the vendor support site, find the drivers for your model # and starting my downloading the network driver to a flash card so you can insert into problem computer and install the driver. Then go get the rest once internet connected

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back