TechSpot

IBM to showcase high-speed silicon nanophotonic technology at IEEE

By Shawn Knight
Dec 10, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. A new IBM technology that has been in development for more than 10 years will be showcased this week at the IEEE International Electron Devices Meeting in San Francisco. It's called silicon nanophotonics and according to the technology company, it...

Read more

2. captainawesome

captainawesome TS Guru Posts: 413   +42

Love IBM :) Far more innovative than most <cough>...APPLE...<cough> ... companies

3. IBM, they still in business?;)

4. Sounds brilliant !

5. Trillionsin

Trillionsin TS Evangelist Posts: 1,088   +41

As a kid, I was very curious about optical cables... yea, I'm still close enough to being a kid still, lol, compared to some of you. ;) But I always wondered, why most computer parts could use optical data transfer instead of electrical. I know that for awhile, computers would still require electricity... but common, isnt electricity getting old? We need to find another way to power "electronics" and call them "optotronics." LOL half joking... half serious...

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.