Ice Cream Sandwich installed on 16 percent of all Android devices

By Shawn Knight
Aug 3, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. Google has updated the Android distribution chart which shows that version 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich is starting to make some headway among devices in the wild. Adoption of the operating system increased by 5 percent since last month with total…

Read more
  2. jizzyburnizzy

jizzyburnizzy TS Rookie Posts: 47

I gave up hope for ICS for thunderbolt.
  3. gwailo247

gwailo247 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,011   +18

Yep, got 2.3.4 on my phone, and 4.03 on my tablet.

It might be cause of wear and tear, but my phone seems to run slower under Gingerbread than it did under Froyo.
  4. lawfer

lawfer TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,270   +91

Poor bastards those still on 0.2% lol Android 1.5 is such a piece of garbage.

Ditched my Lumia 900 for an S3. I'm rocking 4.0.4, but will put on Jelly Bean ROM soon.
  5. Gamesinner

Gamesinner TS Rookie Posts: 86

But not on Toshiba Thrive. Android 8.1 fudgecake is going to be out when Toshiba releases this update. Kids don't waste your money. Stear clear of Toshiba products cause they don't issue updates in a timely basis.
  6. NightAngel79

NightAngel79 TS Booster Posts: 161   +38

Just got ICS on my Rezound 2 days ago!! Wo Ho!
  7. princeton

princeton TS Addict Posts: 1,677

Occurs on most phones with 512MB or less memory. Gingerbread uses significantly more RAM to run than Froyo. Especially noticeable on devices from the 1GHz single core generation like the Galaxy S and the HTC Desire.
    gwailo247 likes this.
  8. gwailo247

gwailo247 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,011   +18

And indeed my phone has 512 MB of RAM. Thank you good sir!
  9. dennis777

dennis777 TS Enthusiast Posts: 285   +33

if all upgrades where compatible to all phones, transition would be easier. :|
  10. Gamesinner

Gamesinner TS Rookie Posts: 86

they must have heard me bitching because they came out with the update yesturday.
  11. L.Fluffy

L.Fluffy TS Member

The Nokia Lumia series falls under Windows Mobile not Android buddy...
  12. lawfer

lawfer TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,270   +91

You thought that I thought Windows Phone 7 is part of the Android ecosystem? Lol. Re-read.

I said I ditched my Windows Phone 7 (<b>not</b> Windows Mobile, FYI) device for an Android device, and that I plan to update said device to Jelly Bean.