Icon Problem

This has been going on for three or four days, and im scared that I might have to redo my operating system, Can I please have a easy fix, with no 3rd party programs needed.

Here is some screens:
Untitled.jpg

I installed a game called open TTD, it is a remake of transport tycoon. It crashed "it is only beta" and I had to use task manager. When I ended it, this is what happend.
Every single folder is like this now [except my music folder, videos, etc]

and look at this one:
Untitled2.jpg

The top folder icon is the right one, and the bottom is the messed up one. It added another icon, and the messed up one is THE DEFAULT ONE!
I dont want a crappy 8-bit folder icon as my main one, so can you tell me a way to change them all in one sitting to the right one, so I dont have to do every folder manually. Because windows has more than 20,000 FOLDERS!

Please respond ASAP
thanks!

Try clearing the icon cache with the tool ("[FONT=verdana]Rebuild_Icon_Cache.bat[/FONT]") provided on this page (and follow the directions).

That did not work, and I deleted the icon cache in appdata several times, did not work.
if you look, the bad icon is on the shell, THAT IS THE WINDOWS CORE!
I don't want to remove it, because if I do, all the folder icons will just become random stuff[because the old one is not there] and plus I dont want to edit or modify windows, I just want to change every icon for the "folder" file extension at once. I dont mind that 8 bit one in there, because if I remove my graphic driver my whole pc is going to look like it anyway. I just want to change every folders icon at once. Could you also tell me the file extension a folder has, if it even has one [: :confused:

But I will lose alot of stuff, my games have been updating, and they are too big to backup, ive been making videos, etc.

Any games or applications that were updated after the restore point will need to be updated again.

Any games or applications that were updated after the restore point will need to be updated again.

Well Right click an empty area of desktop and click personalize. then change desktop icon . then tick all options and click restore default restart.

you mentioned that you are seeing 8 bit icons the remove your graphic card driver and restart pc and re install driver and restart again

Back