Icons disappeared from the system tray

Status
Not open for further replies.

learner1

How you doing,

I recently set up a new Internet connection and as a result lost all icons in the System Tray except the clock.
I am not really concerned with this but I find I can not disconnect from the Internet now.
Why?
I have no Icon in the system tray .
If I go to my Network Connections Folder my local connection Item still shows me to be disconnected even though I am actually connected.
If I double click on this :my only option given is to dial to create a connection.

Have tried the following received from the internet:
"
Note: Windows XP users may not see the connection icon of two computers at the bottom right of the screen. If that is the case follow these instructions:
· Open the Control Panel (Click Start then Control Panel. Now make sure you are viewing in Classic View mode - see our Help article on switching to Classic Mode if you are unsure what this means).
· Double-click the Network Connections icon
· Right-click the Wanadoo or Freeserve icon with the word default next to it. On the menu that is displayed click Properties
· From the 'Wanadoo Properties' or 'Freeserve Properties' box that is displayed, click on the General tab
· At the bottom of this screen place a tick in the small white box next to 'Show icon in notification area when connected'. You can do this by placing the cursor on the box and clicking once.
· Click OK
"

This did not work for me.
Any ideas please post a reply

Learner1

icons

Thanks for replying,
i have played around with the properties but am still unable to show the hidden items.

I used to click on an icon in the system tray to connect and disconnect from the internet .This gave me a dialogue option box to connect or disconnect.
however this icon no longer appears.

Now when I go to start/connect to/eircom25 when I get a dailogue box asking me to Dial.

when i disconnect i should get the dialogue box to give me an option to disconnect but it still shows
dial.

so i cannot disconnect unless i shut down the commputer.
any ideas

I don't have those options with broadband, but they can be set somewhere in the modem- and dial-up properties. Also, on the desktop, rightclick the IE symbol, select the tab Connections. Then check the properties of your Eircom25.
Maybe someone with a modem can help you further.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back