id Software's Rage pushed to 2011

By Matthew
May 4, 2010
  1. Id Software's Rage was among the many titles we hoped to lay hands on before the year's end, but apparently, it just wasn't meant to be. Creative director Tim Willits disclosed in an interview that the forthcoming post-apocalyptic FPS hasn't even hit alpha yet, saying "it would be horrible" if the game were released right now. Willits added that although id is still sorting out some graphical issues, the new id Tech 5 engine is "pretty solid."

Read the whole story
  2. Lulz, Been looking for this to come out for some time now. Polish away boys. Take all the time u need. When i finally do get to sit down to this beast of a game, I want to be able to feel the heat of the motor on my back and taste the blood in the mud as it slings off my tires and on my face.
    Of course though, I'll be perfectly happy with a nearly bug free, beautiful rendering of a fun experience. Heres to ID for bringing us closer to a realtime, online, multiplayer Road Warrior game.

p.s. please let there be a 6 wheeled buggy with nitrous }:)
  3. TomSEA

TomSEA TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,551   +595

Yup, take your time and do it right. I really don't want to shell out another $50 for a game that's still should be in beta testing.
  4. Yeah, I do agree that it's better that they're taking their time with this. Too many games nowadays get rushed out and littered with bugs, like Bad company 2 on PC. That release was a mess lol.
  5. Matthew

Matthew TechSpot Staff Topic Starter Posts: 5,261   +92

Much agreed. Given the similarities between the two games, I'm immediately reminded of Borderlands, which felt somewhat "incomplete" at launch.
  6. Hmmm. Id has not published even ONE game, that would be any good as a single-player game. Not one... Remember, what Quake was supposed to be and what it was, when it finally came out? Also, earlier I thought, that the game looked nice, but now just look at those fuzzy textures... I make a prophecy, that this game will suck... Bigtime!
  7. I doubt this game will run at 60 fps on consoles.
  8. Id is the new "Duke Nukem" studio. They never release anything anymore, just show demos year after year and tell everyone "It's done, when its done" -everyone swoons!! -(Apple's logic).

BTW, Quake and Doom were the only games they ever did right in my opinion. A re-make of Quake would be awesome. (BTW Id is also the Roman Numeral game king as well).
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.