IDC: Apple now the world's fifth largest PC vendor

1. Apple is now among the top 5 PC vendors in the world, according to the latest report from market research firm IDC. With 6.3 percent market share in the third quarter of 2014, the Cupertino-based company has jumped to the fifth...

Read more
  2. GhostRyder

GhostRyder You know, that one guy with the PC Posts: 2,189   +589

While I love my iPhone and there are thing I like about Macs I will never understand some people attachment to the Mac Book Pros and what not. While I will say the designs tend to be sleek I feel its a lot of fluff and price for what you get on the inside on top of the fact repairing them is a nightmare should anything happen. It to me would feel like buying a Lamborghini with a 4 cylinder engine that has been tuned up and costs a fortune to work on should you drive it anything other than gingerly.
  3. amstech

amstech TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 1,436   +592

If your consumers like your burgers, they will come back for a steak.
    iPhone's, iPods and iPads are present in many homes/business now and more people then ever want the computers to match/have similar environments/synced accounts.

Microsoft's backbone for networking won't be touched anytime soon, but on the client side their is a world of hope riding on Windows 10.
    People are choosing Google accounts/android and Apple ID/Apple devices over Microsoft and the gorilla's retaliation might be too late.
  4. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 6,335   +1,937

There is something to be said for not putting all your eggs into one basket.