IDE and SATA issue

I have 2 IDE hard drives running off a ribbon cable, one of which is the master and has the OS. I have a 3rd hard drive that is on a SATA line to the mobo. I can easily boot up the pc with just the IDE plugged in, but if the SATA is plugged in while it is booting it doesnt load. It just freezes. I have to plug the SATA in after the system is up and running to load the drives on that hard drive. How can I leave the SATA plugged in and have the system boot properly? Thanks in advance.

Should just be the boot order sequence in your BIOS. Change that and it will work fine. Depending on your motherboard manufacturer you'll have to hit F1, Del, or some other key, hopefully you see a POST screen that tells you what to hit.

already tried that. I set my boot order properly. the issue is as soon as the pc starts up, if the SATA is plugged in, it'll freeze right there. It wont go any further.

What motherboard/bios? Obviously choosing the boot order should have an effect on what it boots from, since it doesn't on yours, perhaps a BIOS update should be done.

Back