IDE to SATA converter not responding

By kunjikaly
Sep 28, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. My system is Asus M2N-MX SE with Atholon x2 6000. My board have only two sata ports of which one is not responding. Installed ide to sata converter (Enter) to run DVD/CD drive (Samsung Sata). It is not detecting dvd/cd drive.

Is it possible to run both sata and converted sata ports together?. Or should i install any drivers to detect my dvd/cd drive

Please help me to find a solution
  2. SNGX1275

SNGX1275 TS Forces Special Posts: 12,291   +226

Did you try changing the jumper on the optical drive?

I wouldn't think you need drivers... What brand/model is your converter?
  3. kunjikaly

kunjikaly Newcomer, in training Topic Starter Posts: 75

Enter

The brand name is Enter. Could u please elaborate regarding jumper settings
  4. Rabbit01

Rabbit01 TechSpot Booster Posts: 865   +35

So you connected your SATA DVD drive to the IDE connector on the board via an adapter? In the BIOS, for the Onboard IDE Controller setting, has it been enabled?
  5. SNGX1275

SNGX1275 TS Forces Special Posts: 12,291   +226

Sorry, I misread your post. I thought the optical drive was IDE to begin with.

Check your converter to see if it has a jumper or a switch on it to force it Master or Slave.

I couldn't find anything on that adapter, Enter doesn't do well in a google search as a brand name.
  6. Rabbit01

Rabbit01 TechSpot Booster Posts: 865   +35

Yes, indeed. I wasn't able to find anything this afternoon. But tried in again just now, think I've found it. Is this it? http://www.enter-addon.com/convertor_usb_id_to_sata.aspx

Have to ask, you have attached the power cable, right?
  7. kunjikaly

kunjikaly Newcomer, in training Topic Starter Posts: 75

Enter

Attached power cable and enabled ide controller, only think i doubt is faulty converter. Let me try all this in another computer

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.