Not open for further replies.

Tammy S

hi, need to get a new graphics card.
my system is
Asus P5S800-vm agp 8x
P4 cpu 3.00 Ghz,
1 gig of ram
windows xp SP2
I had a radeon 9550 and killed it. I know i need to get a new power supply...been reading up on this on some threads but the graphics..not sure.
I would like a bit of a higher end because of gaming and i want to avoid overheating.
Thanks for your help,
Tammy S :knock:

(Whistle) Wow, nice budget. I can't imagine how many suggestions you'll get for this budget range. Let me look into some possibilities. I'll be back.

Thanks, I gues i figured a bit high because i bought a sapphire 9550 for 100.00 and it lasted four months working well and another 7 on the fritze befroe we knew it was the card. For sapphire to fix it it cost 30.00 US just for them to recieve it. that does not include post. I would prefer something a bit cheaper but do you get what you pay for? We went shopping in the city and found that the cards we were shown were in that 200 range. But all the letters and stuff was confusing. :confused:
I'm not very computer literate and my husband likes to play games on the computer.
Oh i forgot...canadian funds....very sorry.
thanks
Tammy S :giddy:
I lookes at the first card you gave me and it's a pci express. My mother board it agp 8x. sorry :blackeye:

Yeah, I guess I'll have to keep it to AGP. Do you think any of the GeForce 7 series will come out with AGP support?

Naah. They're supposed to be cutting-edge cards and AGP is far from that IMO, with PCI Express being upto four times faster and becoming more common too.

Tammy S said:
Thanks, I gues i figured a bit high because i bought a sapphire 9550 for 100.00 and it lasted four months working well and another 7 on the fritze befroe we knew it was the card. For sapphire to fix it it cost 30.00 US just for them to recieve it. that does not include post. I would prefer something a bit cheaper but do you get what you pay for? We went shopping in the city and found that the cards we were shown were in that 200 range. But all the letters and stuff was confusing. :confused:
I'm not very computer literate and my husband likes to play games on the computer.
Oh i forgot...canadian funds....very sorry.
thanks
Tammy S :giddy:
I lookes at the first card you gave me and it's a pci express. My mother board it agp 8x. sorry :blackeye:

Well there is a card that I reccomend but I don't know where our northern neighbors can buy it. Its called the X800 GTO^2(squared) and its basically an X850XT hidden is disguise. It comes with 12pipelines enabled but a simple bios flash will guarentee the unlocking of the other 16 pipes(if done correctly). Many of these cards are also awesome overclockers.

ncix link

instructions for unlocking the other pipelines

or if you don't want to do any of that I reccomend the 6800GS

6800GS

The best AGP card on the market is the x850xtpe you can get one for about 275 dollors, i would give you a link but it looks as if neweggs website is down, also what is the make and moddel of your powersuply also post your wattage and amps

i'm back, like a bad penny
I bought the BFG 6600 gt oc card and installed it. Down loaded the latest drivers as well.
I read in my mb manual that the agp slot supports 1.5v not 3.3v
I have looked everywhere, and googled reviews and no where can i find the volts
the reason i am asking is because the game shut down again. Same as with the sapphire radeon 9550.
"program must close... error found"
the first time he played it no problems
the next day 20 min ito the game and the errorr message came up.
i replaced the power supply as well. Enermax 465 or 485w
any idea on the volts of both the Sapphire radeon 9550 and the BFG 6600 GT OC
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back